Brownies are one of the easiest things to bake. Don’t you guys agree? You don’t need a stand mixer, heck you don’t even need a hand mixer for making brownies. The batter is made in 1 bowl with a spatula, there’s no creaming, sifting etc. and you just have to mix everything together till combined. I am addicted to baking but if you ask me if there’s one thing that I don’t like about it, well it has to be the cleaning part. My kitchen is such a mess after I’m done baking and that’s why I love baking brownies. Less dishes = less cleaning. Hurrah!
Did you check this Pumpkin Cheesecake that I made last week. It is the most incredible cheesecake and I would strongly recommend making it for Thanksgiving. Anyway why am I taking about this Cheesecake now? Well because it was topped with a caramel pecan sauce and after using it in the cheesecake I was left with some more sauce. So what do I do? Use it in another recipe, simple right! And so here it is my chocolaty and fudgy Caramel Pecan Brownies which I made last week itself by using the leftover caramel sauce.
These brownies have all that you look for in a perfect brownie. There’s chocolate, there is caramel and there are pecans, can it get any more perfect? Eating one big bite of this brownie might induce a sugar coma but it’s so worth it! We had a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream, ahh pure bliss! The best part is the caramel and pecans sandwiched between the brownie layers, you have to taste it to believe it!
I have used 1 cup of sugar in the brownie batter because the caramel pecan sauce already had lots of sugar in it. If you decide to make this brownie without the caramel sauce, increase the amount of sugar to 1.25 to 1.5 cups.
PS: There’s still time to enter the 50$ Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
Serves: 9 big brownies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter [1.5 sticks butter]
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup caramel pecan sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Roast roughly chopped pecans for 7-8 minutes in a 350 F degree pre-heated oven.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, mix together heavy cream, butter, brown sugar and pinch of salt.
- Keep stirring till the mixture is all smooth and comes to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 4-5 minutes till it becomes slightly thick.
- Let the sauce cool down a bit and then add the toasted pecans into it.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a 8 X 8 inch square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan on stove top. You can also melt it in the microwave.
- Once the butter is melted transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down a bit for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add sugar, vanilla and oil to the melted butter and mix till well combined.
- Add eggs, one at time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in the all purpose flour and cocoa powder till well combined.
- Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Transfer half of the brownie batter into the pan, spreading it well so that it covers the entire pan.
- Pour caramel sauce over the brownie batter so that it's fully covered with the sauce.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter over the sauce. Spread as much as possible, it's ok if you are not able to cover the entire sauce with the batter.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the brownies cool down completely before cutting them into squares.
- Dust with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
Caramel Pecan Brownies