My blog and my life has been full of yummy treats recently. Well, this was bound to happen since family is visiting and I do not want to miss any opportunity to whip up their favorite treats. Actually now I realize that how much I miss this, I mean I keep baking stuff and sending it to hubby’s office but the happiness you get when your parents and siblings eat your food and love it – that just cannot be matched in my opinion. I love to feed people and living alone here, that’s something I rarely get to do. And so when I get an opportunity I jump onto it! Yummy treats obviously means that I have gulping down thousands of calories! Urgh!
So in order to get myself back on track I made this quick Quinoa Kale Salad. And you know what the best part about this salad was? Sriracha Almond! I got introduced to Sriracha pretty late but ever since, I have been hooked to this hot sauce. So imagine my excitement when I was given an opportunity to taste Blue Diamond Almonds new flavor – Sriracha flavored almonds! This stuff is so good, I couldn’t stop snacking on them. Nuts, especially almonds are actually one of my favorite things to snack on and when you add sriracha to it, well then it becomes like the best snack EVER!
This quinoa kale salad comes together very quickly. All you need to do is cook some quinoa and while that is cooking chop the kale, beans, apple, bell pepper and get your dressing ready. Quinoa takes around 15 minutes to cook and once that’s done just mix in everything, top with Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds and enjoy. So easy! My mom and dad who have never had quinoa before love this salad and they said the best part about it was almonds! I couldn’t agree more.
I feel like adding these almonds to all my recipes because they are just so flavorful. And guys this stuff is addictive, I had a hard time while clicking pictures. I was constantly snacking on them and at one point I had to force myself to stop or there wouldn’t be any left to be used in the recipe!
* To make this salad vegan, skip the mayonnaise and use maple syrup in the dressing.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions expressed are my own.
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 apple, small, cut into pieces
- 5-6 green beans, chopped
- ¾ cup kale leaves, chopped & firmly packed
- ¼ of large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2-3 tablespoons almonds [I used blue diamond sriracha almond]
- 1.5 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa as per instructions on the package and set aside. We need 1.5 cups of cooked quinoa for this recipe.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the apples, bell pepper, green beans and kale leaves.
- Once the quinoa is cooked transfer it to a large bowl and add all the chopped ingredients to it, Also add the cranberries.
- Make the dressing my mixing together honey/maple syrup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Shake the jar so that everything is well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Top with sriracha almonds and serve immediately.