I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
Refreshing Strawberry Rose Iced Tea is the perfect drink to serve at your summer parties!
Let’s talk about rose flavor today. Do you like it? love it? I think it’s a very intense/peculiar flavor and people might have totally different opinions on it. I personally like it because I grew up eating this flavor in my desserts. Rose is pretty commonly used in Indian desserts and so I do have a little fixation with it. These days I also see the flavor becoming popular here in the US. In fact few days back, I remember reading an article which said that “rose” would be one of the hottest food trends this year! So keeping in line with the trend, I thought of creating this Strawberry Rose Iced Tea. It’s so refreshing and perfect for this time of the year.
Strawberry and rose flavors go really well together. I have combined them before in my recipe of strawberry rose panna cotta and this time around, I combined them in this iced tea. Whenever it gets hot, I prefer treating myself to a chilled glass of homemade iced tea. Making iced tea at home is always a better option than buying it from the store. One, it would save you money and two, you can customize it to your taste and create interesting flavor options! For this recipe Strawberry Rose Iced Tea, I used fresh strawberries and Nielsen-Massey’s Rose Water.
Just a little bit of Nielsen-Massey’s fragrant rose water goes a long way in giving your desserts a lovely rose flavor. The rose flavor pairs quite well with vanilla, chocolate and also brie and cream cheese. In India, we often combine rose with flavors like saffron and cardamom. You can find more information and recipe ideas with rose water here.
This strawberry rose iced tea is actually quite simple to put together and will hardly take any time. You would only need to wait for a bit before you can enjoy the tea because the flavors do take some time to come together. So you make the iced tea and then cover and put it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours for the flavors to seep in. Once flavors are nicely combined, pour into glasses, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
The flavors of this Strawberry Rose Ice Tea is just perfect for summer. It’s fresh, fruity and very refreshing. I actually couldn’t stop sipping on it. In fact it was pretty hot the day I made this and so I just kept sipping on the iced tea throughout the day. If you are looking for a fun drink recipe this summer which your whole family could enjoy, then give this strawberry rose iced tea a try! I am pretty sure you guys would love this!
* You can add 1/4 teaspoon extra rose water for a stronger rose flavor.
* You may use any sweetener of choice – honey would also work well.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 3 black tea bags
- 6-7 large strawberries, to be mashed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar, I used raw sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey's Rose Water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 7-8 mint leaves, optional
- ice cubes
- mint leaves
- Steep tea bags into 2 cups of boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a pan add 3 tablespoons water, rose water and strawberries. Add sugar and cook till the strawberries soften up and you get a nice puree.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Remove pan from heat and add mint leaves if using.
- Pour the strawberry-rose mixture into the cooled down tea mixture. Add additional 2 cups cold water and mix.
- Cover and place the iced tea into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours for the flavors to mix well together.
- Pour into glasses, top with some ice cubes and enjoy.
Strawberry Rose Iced Tea