Soft and chewy Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies are so perfect for the Holidays. Enjoy them with a glass of milk!
Chocolate is evergreen, perfect for every occasion. Think about it, whether it’s your birthday, anniversary or Valentine’s Day or Christmas, chocolate is always there. It is one thing which you can always gift to you loved ones irrespective of the occasion. For me anyway, everyday is perfect for chocolate. I mean I don’t really need an occasion to eat it or bake with it but when it’s the festive season I feel like adding it to every damn thing. Like drinking hot chocolate , like baking chocolate cake or these dark chocolate chip cranberry cookies! ❤
I always make these dark chocolate chip cranberry cookies for the holidays and this year is no exception. I made them just before I left for India. They turned out super soft, chewy, like they were literally melting in my mouth! And you know they taste so amazing just when they are out of the oven right? and so I ate way too many while clicking pictures. Can you blame me?
For this recipe I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The biggest change that I made was swapping the entire sugar with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend.
The brown sugar blend which is a mix of SPLENDA® Sweetener & Brown Sugar makes these cookies really soft. What also makes them perfect is cornstarch [which acts as a tenderizing agent, prevents gluten formation and makes the cookies softer] and the extra egg yolk. I really insist on using the extra egg yolk, it adds moistness and does make a difference.
I hope these dark chocolate chip cranberry cookies make it to your cookie tray! They are so good and also reduced in calories compared to your regular cookie – all the more reason why you should be making them!
* You can make the dough in advance and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 days. You can also freeze the cookie dough balls. Make cookie balls out of the dough, refrigerate them for 1-2 hours till they are firm and them place them in ziplock bag and freeze them. They should stay good for 2 months and whenever you feel like eating a cookie, just bake them!
Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.25 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 sticks butter unsalted
- 1.25 cups brown sugar blend [I used SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend]
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or using your hand mixer, beat butter and
- SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend till smooth and creamy, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and mix till well combined.
- Now add the flour mix in parts and mix till well combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Wrap the dough in a cling sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, take out the dough from the refrigerator and make 18 cookie balls out of it. I used 2 oz of dough per cookie and got 18 cookies out of the entire dough.
- Place the cookie on the prepared baking tray. Leave some space between each cookie.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 11 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the cookies cool down in the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
14 thoughts on “Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies”
oh my gawd, these cookies look so good!!! love the cranberry + chocolate combo!
You are sooo right! No matter what time of year, chocolate is in! These make me totally hungry for cookies right now!
They look gooey and delicious. Goodness, I would love this warmed up and served with icecream, dreaming about it.
These cookies look delicious, Manali! Love the chocolate and cranberries – it’s a brilliant combo! Love the sound of these. 🙂
I can’t handle how melt-y these are!! Yum!!
Gorgeous cookies, pinned! Love the Splenda brown sugar blend!
Holy woah! These cookies look amazing, Manali…and those photos. I just want to jump in my screen and grab one of those warm cookies right now. 🙂
This sounds like the perfect cookie to indulge in! I love the combination of dark chocolate and cranberries. Sounds just perfect, Manali!
These might just be the perfect Christmas cookie. The combination of chocolate and cranberry is just SO good.
These cookies look amazing! Who could resist the classic combo of cranberry and chocolate? I certainly can’t.