Hello everyone! Today I am not sharing a recipe with you in stead I’m going to talk about myself. Few days back, I was nominated by my blogger friend Emma from Emma’s Little Kitchen for Liebster Award. Have you visited Emma’s blog? She shares wonderful vegetarian recipes and beautiful pictures on her blog so make sure you visit her!
And now coming to these awards. Thanks Emma for nominating me and I am shamelessly going to copy your introduction for these awards 😛 These awards are meant for bloggers to get to know each other better and also to share with my readers other blogs which I love!
What are the rules?
1. Thank the blogger who nominated me and link to their blog + display the award badge.
2. Answer 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated me
3. List 11 random facts about myself
4. Nominate 5 bloggers [I changed this!!]
5. Pose 11 questions to said nominees
6. Go to each nominee’s blog and notify them of their nomination.
Please bear with me. This requires me to talk about myself and that’s a pretty difficult thing to do in my opinion but I will try.
So here I go!
1. Of all the places you have visited, where has the best food?
Oh this is difficult, but I will be biased and say “Delhi”. Nothing like the street food of Old Delhi. Pure bliss!
2. Is there a recipe you just can’t perfect?
There are lots, one of them is making puff pastry from scratch. Other is to make perfect crispy thin pizza crust.
3. Has blogging helped you learn anything new about yourself?
That I can click decent pictures! Seriously I didn’t know a thing about photography a few months ago. I used to click pictures with flash but I have learnt so much in last 6 months all thanks to blogging.
4. What cookbook do you use most often?
None. I have certain cookbooks but I hardly use them.
5. What do you eat for breakfast on the average weekday?
Sandwich and Paratha [Indian whole wheat flat bread stuffed with veggies].
6. Sweet or Savory?
Can I say both?
7. What is your idea of “food heaven”?
Ice cream and some more ice cream. I am obsessed with ice creams and if not for the calories I would eat them everyday!
8. and “food hell”?
Tempeh, I recently tried it for the first time and let’s just say that a non-picky eater like me didn’t enjoy it one bit.
9. What is the one thing you always have in your fridge?
Butter, Cream Cheese, Eggs [basically all the baking stuff]
10. What is the one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
Do what makes you happy and not what society expects from you! Life is too short.
11. Describe your perfect weekend?
Sleep, eat, watch TV…repeat!
Somewhere in Yellowstone National Park
11 Random Facts:
1. I did not know how to cook 3 years back and now I have a food blog!
2. I am a decent singer.
3. I did not have a sweet tooth until I got married. I have a big one now thanks to my hubby!
4. My hubby and I were best friends for 10 years before we got married.
5. I had a big fat Indian wedding. There were around 1100 guests, yes 1100 – don’t faint!
6. I love fall and all the beautiful colors associated with it.
7. My favorite color is Red. As a kid my wardrobe was full of red dresses, things haven’t changed much even now.
8. I was not always a vegetarian but became one in 2002.
9. I am obsessed with Peanut Butter. I have 10 jars in my house right now.
10. I hate long flights, like I hate them with all my heart. The 24 hour flight to India is a nightmare for me.
11. I am a certified medical doctor.
And now my Nominees:
I nominate Olivia from Olivia’s Cuisine for her wonderful recipes and also for the adorable person she is!
I nominate Sarah from The Gold Lining Girl for her awesome dessert recipes which always have me drooling.
I nominate Kristi from Inspiration Kitchen for always inspiring me with her recipes & photography.
I nominate Gayle from Pumpkin n Spice for her easy to make and delicious recipes.
I nominate Sarah from Broma Bakery for her amazing baking skills which leave me awestruck.
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What’s the best dessert you have ever baked?
2. Biggest recipe disaster?
3. Cakes or cupcakes?
4. What is that one thing which you never get tired of cooking/baking?
5. If the world is going to end today, what is the last thing you would like to eat and cook?
6. Your favorite city?
7. What are your thoughts on food photography?
8. Which is most popular recipe on your blog?
9. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
10. A recipe you cannot wait to make?
11. What is your favorite season?
Wao, that was hard! I told you it’s a challenge to talk about yourself. Thank you so much for reading!