I haven’t posted a peanut butter recipe in a while. That’s shocking considering how much I love this butter! But thanks to folks at I think peanut butter and coconut go well together and so I combined some sweetened coconut flakes with peanut butter and came up with this quick bread topped with peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes. I used Peanut Butter Company’s Smooth Operator for this recipe and let me tell you this stuff is addictive. It’s so smooth, so creamy and a peanut butter addict like me could eat it all straight out of a jar (well I did that anyway!). This bread comes together very quickly, is lightly sweetened and would be perfect for breakfast during the holidays! Giveaway Are you looking for some amazing peanut butter to create some interesting recipes for the holidays? Well I have got some great news for you. 1 lucky person can win 2 jars pf Peanut Butter & Co awesome peanut butters! The winning person will win a jar each of Smooth Operator Peanut Butter (which I used in this recipe) and Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. Enter the giveaway by following steps in the Rafflecopter below. To enter, just leave a comment in the section below. The giveaway is open to US residents only. And that’s not all as a holiday gift, Peanut Butter & Co is offering all my readers 25% off online store purchases for the entire month of December! Use discount code: YUMSQUADLOVE to avail the discount and create your own #CandyCaneHacks.
Disclaimer: I was provided with samples from Peanut Butter Company. I have not been paid in return for this post. All opinions are my own.
Peanut Butter Coconut Bread with Peppermint Glaze
Peanut Butter Coconut Bread
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the steel bowl of you stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or using your stand mixer, beat together vegetable oil and peanut butter till smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix till well combined.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix.
- Start adding the flour mix and milk in parts starting and ending with flour.
- Fold in the sweetened coconut flakes.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean [cover the pan with aluminium foil after 25 minutes to prevent excessive browning].
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and transfer it on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the glaze
- To make the glaze whisk together powdered sugar, peppermint extract and milk till completely smooth.
- Break some candy canes by putting them in a ziplock bag and then giving a good smack with your rolling pin.
- Drizzle glaze over the cooled bread.
- Sprinkle all over with crushed candy canes immediately.