Are you in mood for some fried rice today? If yes, then you have come just to the right place for what better to satisfy your craving than Pineapple Fried Rice? There are so many ways to make fried rice but I think Pineapple fried rice has to be one of the most mouth-watering versions. It’s so delicious and so easy to make at home. Full of veggies and juicy pineapple chunks, this fried rice will definitely become one of your favorite weekday meals which you can whip up in no time.
Sometimes I am in mood to make something really simple and yesterday I was in one such mood and so I decided to make pineapple fried rice. It is actually so simple to make, just cook some rice, throw in some veggies, pineapple and some soya sauce and you are done. The main part of this recipe is the prep work. Because I cooked the veggies on high flame [so that they remain crunchy] I kept everything ready before I started making the rice. You will not have time to chop while you are cooking so keep everything ready before you start.
I think it’s also a great way to use all the leftover veggies from your refrigerator. I added green pepper, onion, carrot and green peas, you can add any veggies of your choice. Corn and green beans would also taste great in this recipe. You can use any rice of your choice, I used white jasmine rice, any other rice would work just fine. This recipe is obviously for vegetarian pineapple fried rice since I am a vegetarian but meat-lovers can throw in some meat and adjust it to their taste.
* Chop all the veggies and keep everything ready before you start making fried rice. You should have cooked rice ready to be added.
In a wok heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Once hot add minced ginger and grated garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
Now increase the heat to high and add chopped onion and green onion whites. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add carrots, peas, green & red bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat. The veggies should remain crunchy.
Add pineapple chunks and cook for another minute.
Now add cooked rice, soya sauce, white pepper, sweet & sour sauce [if using], salt and mix well. Lower down the heat to medium.
Cook on medium heat for another 2 minutes. Switch off the heat and garnish with green onion.
Serve it warm. I like to eat this rice straight off the pan!
* You can use brown or white rice for this. I used white jasmine rice and it worked just fine.
* It might also be a good idea to add some nuts [like cashews, peanuts] in the rice. It will provide a nice crunch.
* Remember to cook the veggies on high heat for 1-2 minutes, they should remain crunchy.
* In the recipe, I mention to use 1/4 of onion and bell peppers, that’s because the onion and bell pepper that I used were really huge. If you are using a regular one, use half of it.
* You can use either fresh or canned pineapple. I used canned Pineapple Chunks.
And don’t forget to enter the Giveaway – $50 Amazon Gift Card by clicking on the image below.
- 3 cups cooked rice [i used white jasmine rice]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet-n-sour sauce [optional]
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, big, minced
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1.25 cups pineapple chunks
- ¼ of a big onion or 1 small onion
- 3 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ of big red bell pepper or 1 small
- ¼ of big green bell pepper
- 1 carrot, diced
- salt, to taste
- Chop all the veggies and keep everything ready before you start making fried rice.
- Have cooked rice ready to be added.
- In a wok heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Once hot add minced ginger and grated garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Now increase the heat to high and add chopped onion and green onion whites. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, green & red bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat. The veggies should remain crunchy.
- Add pineapple chunks and cook for another minute.
- Now add cooked rice, soya sauce, sweet & sour sauce [if using], white pepper, salt and mix well.
- Lower down the heat to medium and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and garnish with green onion.
- Serve warm.
Pineapple Fried Rice