Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles – easy one-pot vegetarian weeknight meal which gets done in less than 30 minutes!
If you love all the Instant Pot vegetarian/vegan recipes that I share on the blog, please join me on this Facebook Group – Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes. The group would share/feature vegetarian instant pot recipes and ideas from all around the web!
One of the cuisines that I actually liked after moving to US was Thai. My exposure to different kind of food/cuisine in India was limited. I hardly ever ate anything other than Indian. We grew up eating homemade food everyday and it was always Indian – the same dal, rice, sabzi (veggie) and roti. That’s pretty much all I ate for lunch and dinner. When I moved to US, I was exposed to an array of flavors. These flavors were so different and I had never tasted them before. I tried a lot of new food, some which I didn’t like at all and some I loved like Thai food!
Do you guys love thai food? I think its so flavorful and its hard not to like it. While I love eating it out, I often make it at home too. You guys quite like my Instant Pot Thai Tofu Pineapple Curry recipe and so I thought it was about time, I shared another one! These Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noddles are so easy to make in the IP. It’s a one pot meal which you can put on the table in less than 30 minutes!
What makes these Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles special?
✓ these get done in one pot – no need to cook the noodles separately.
✓ one pot means less dirty dishes!
✓ gets done in less than 30 minutes!
✓ perfect meal for those busy nights.
✓ packed with flavors, there’s soy sauce, honey, peanut butter, sriracha and rice vinegar in there.
✓ make it vegan be replacing the honey with brown sugar or any other vegan friendly sweetener.
To make these instant pot thai peanut noodles, all you need is to chop the ginger, garlic, pepper, carrot and green onion. Once you have these chopped, it only takes 5 minutes to put it all in the pot and then let the IP do its thing. You may also add tofu to these noodles to make the meal protein-rich. Sarvesh is not very fond of tofu and hence I skipped that part.
We add uncooked spaghetti to the Instant Pot along with the veggies and sauce and it all gets perfectly cooked. Isn’t that amazing? Seriously I can’t get over the fact that I don’t have to boil the noodles separately. And they get perfectly cooked, not soggy at all. In fact the spaghetti was al-dente which means that it had a nice bite to it. If you prefer softer noodles, then you may increase the cooking time by couple of minutes. This was perfect for me.
The garnishes add more flavor to these thai peanut noodles. So don’t forget to add in lots of chopped cilantro, lime juice and crushed peanuts! If you have never made noodles/spaghetti in your Instant Pot, now is the time! And this is the easiest recipe to start with. I am sure once you make it, you will be amazed how easy it really was. Hope you guys enjoy this one!
Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add oil and then add the minced garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute until garlic and ginger start changing color.
Add in the veggies – carrots, pepper and green onion and toss to combine. You may reserve some spring onion greens for garnish.
Push veggies to the side and to the center of the pot add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sriracha, peanut butter and salt.
Whisk to combine the sauce. You may also combine the sauce beforehand in a bowl.
Break spaghetti into half and then add to the pot.
Add water until spaghetti is just covered. You may press the noodles slightly with a spatula so that noodles on top get slightly under water.
Close the pot with its lid. Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. The pressure valve should be in the sealing position. Do a quick pressure release.
Open the pot, use a tong to mix the sauce, noodles and veggies together.
Add reserved green onion greens, juice of 1 lime and cilantro.
Serve these instant pot thai peanut noodles with crushed peanuts on top.
Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil I used vegetable oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 medium carrots 100 grams, sliced thin
- 1 medium red pepper 200 grams, sliced thin
- 3 stalks green onion finely chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons honey or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or to taste
- 3 tabelspoons peanut butter
- salt to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti broken into half
- 1.5 cups water 12 oz
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- crushed peanuts to garnish
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add oil and then add the minced garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute until garlic and ginger start changing color.
- Add in the veggies - carrots, pepper and green onion and toss to combine. You may reserve some spring onion greens for garnish.
- Push veggies to the side and to the center of the pot add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sriracha, peanut butter and salt.
- Whisk to combine the sauce. You may also combine the sauce beforehand in a bowl.
- Break spaghetti into half and then add to the pot. Add water until spaghetti is just covered. You may press the noodles slightly with a spatula so that noodles on top get slightly under water.
- Close the pot with its lid. Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. The pressure valve should be in the sealing position. Do a quick pressure release.
- Open the pot, use a tong to mix the sauce, noodles and veggies together.
- Add reserved green onion greens, juice of 1 lime and cilantro. Serve the noodles with crushed peanuts on top!
- The noodles will look little watery when you open the pot but soak the sauce pretty quickly.
- The noodles are Al dente at 4 minutes. Cook for couple more minutes for softer noodles
- Adjust sriracha and honey to taste. If you like spicy noodles, add more of sriracha.
177 thoughts on “Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles”
Absolutely delicious! The sauce is really outstanding. Personally, I think I will put in some more veggies next time, I think broccoli would be amazing in this. I did feel like my spaghetti noodles needed a little extra time to cook, but guessing it was just the noodles that I use. I can’t wait to make this again!
Great easy recipe. Some of the comments on here are hilarious and ridiculous 😂. Thank you for dinner inspiration!
Can you double this is a 6qt IP?
yes I am sure you can
I bought Pad thai rice noodles for this. Do I need to adjust the water contact/timing for rice noodles?
I would do 3 minutes high pressure with 3 minutes natural pressure release and then quick release with rice noodles
So delicious!! I forgot to add the pepper & added a little more sriracha on top. 😊
This is absolutely delicious!!!
Love all your recipes that I have tried so far. One question about these Peanut Thai noodles. I have made it 3 times & they turn out yummm every time. It’s just that noodles stick to each other every time. I use regular spaghetti noodles. Is there something I can do to make them look like yours?
cut them into smaller pieces maybe? And let it sit for a while once done, the noodles absorb the sauce. I don’t do anything special as such.
This was so good! My whole family loved it including my toddlers. If I were to double the recipe, is there anything special I should do other than just doubling all the ingredients? I don’t know for sure how it would work in the instant pot. Thank you!
it should be okay doubling, let me know how it turned out. Cooking time should remain same
Turned out well!
I love your instant pot recipe at the moment my favourite is the Ethiopian Lentil Stew.
I really want to try this one too but I am not a fan of peanut…So I was wondering if I could use almond or cashew butter instead and then cashew nuts on top maybe?
yes almond butter or sunflower butter will work