This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DoMoreWithEAS #CollectiveBias
And just like that we are into the last week of August! You know what does that mean? It means end of summer officially. I am clinging on to the last few days of summer and really don’t want to let it go. I have to confess though that I love fall, it’s my favorite time of the year. So in a way I am looking forward to it but of course what I don’t like and not looking forward to at all is what follows fall – urgh! Anyway let’s enjoy the last few days of summer and get ready for fall [read: get ready for fall baking! :D]
I have realized that my eating habits have gone for a toss for the last few months. I used to eat really healthy but last few months have been anything but healthy. This whole house hunting, then shifting, my parent’s visit and everything else in between has made me go crazy with my food habits. When pressed for time, we all always resort to comfort food. And let’s face it comfort food is not always healthy. Now that things have settled down a bit, I am trying to get back to my routine, which includes eating right and taking out time for exercise.
When I say eating right it means eating a balanced meal and also getting the required protein. As you guys know, I am a vegetarian so I don’t have a lot of options to get my protein fix. Yes there is lentil, chickpeas, tofu, paneer but I don’t eat them everyday. And when you exercise, you do need that extra protein and that’s why I love my favorite EAS® Protein Powder ! And the good news is that it is now also available in Single Serving Packets. These new Protein Powder Packets are perfect for on-the-go incorporation of protein. Whenever I am running short of time I just grab one of these protein packets, mix in them with water or milk and drink. That’s how easy it is get your protein fix with EAS Single Serve Packets.
And then sometimes I use the protein packets to create a healthy snack like these no-energy protein balls. These protein balls are so easy to make, they are vegan, naturally sweetened and the perfect guilt-free treat. Well yes because there’s chocolate chips I do consider these as treats ;). All you have do to make these no bake protein balls in pulse together dates and some nuts. Add to it coconut oil, chocolate chips, make balls and roll them into coconut. And that’s it, you are ready to eat them! Easy right? And such a great way to incorporate protein into your diet because that 1 single serving packet of EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder that I used in this recipe has 15 grams of protein!
To a food processor add dates and nuts. If the dates you are using are dry, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before using.
Pulse the dates and nuts mixture. Don’t grind it too much, you want to bite into the nuts. Now add coconut oil and pulse to combine.
To this mixture now add 1 packet (30g) of EAS Lean 15 Single Serve Protein Powder. I used vanilla cream flavor. Pulse to combine.
Transfer mixture to a plate. At this point you can add little water if the dough isn’t coming together. Add only 1/2 tablespoon at first and more only if required. Add chocolate chips and make a dough.
Divide the dough into 9-10 equal balls. I used a cookie scoop to get equal sized balls.
Roll these no bake protein balls into toasted shredded coconut.
Keep the protein balls into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before eating! Keep them refrigerated.
I found EAS Single Serving Packets at my favorite store, Target. You can find these in the Pharmacy section. In fact, these are on sale right now so don’t miss this opportunity! These protein balls are one of my favorite ways to incorporate protein powder into my diet. I’d love to hear your favorite!
No Bake Protein Balls
- 1 cup medjool dates [around 11 dates]
- ½ cup nuts [i used a mix of almonds and cashews]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 packet protein powder single serving EAS Lean 15 [I used vanilla cream]
- ¼ cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1.5 tablespoons chocolate chip
- ¾ tablespoon water optional
- To a food processor add dates and nuts. If the dates you are using are dry, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before using.
- Pulse the dates and nuts mixture. Don't grind it too much, you want to bite into the nuts.
- Add coconut oil and pulse.
- To this mixture now add 1 single serving packet of EAS Lean 15 protein powder. I used vanilla cream flavor. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a plate. At this point you can add little water if the dough isn't coming together. Add only 1/2 tablespoon at first and more only if required.
- Add chocolate chips and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 9-10 equal balls. I used a cookie scoop to get equal sized balls.
- Roll these no bake protein balls into toasted shredded coconut.
- Keep the protein balls into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before eating! Keep them refrigerated.
No Bake Protein Balls
34 thoughts on “No Bake Protein Balls”
I made these this weekend with egg white protein powder and they are delicious!
Glad you liked them Maria!
These look fantastic Manali! Love protein bites. Perfect for on the go energy!
Thanks Kelley! I love them too!
I simply LOVE your use of EAS protein powder in these healthy balls! And such a quick and easy recipe! Thanks Manali!
Glad you like it Shashi! Thank you!