Sweet and spicy Vegetarian Thai Peanut Noodles. Packed with delicious flavors, these noodles take less than 30 minutes to whip up, perfect dinner for those busy nights!
So my parents will be here soon and last weekend while talking to them, I told them to not pack any winter stuff. It was around 95 F degrees that day and we had to switch on the air conditioner. Fast forward one week and this weekend I had to ask them to please pack at least a jacket and sweater. The weather is so unpredictable and it drives me crazy! This whole week it has been in lows 60s and 50s, it’s June for god sake! Anyway rant over, so other than the crazy weather we have been super busy doing stuff around the house. Actually more like deep cleaning the house and throwing out all the trash. You know the kind of cleaning you do when your parents are going to visit you? Whole weekend we were throwing away stuff! I can never understand how do we accumulate so much stuff over time, an in our case we have been in this house only for a year!
Since we were busy and didn’t have much time to cook an elaborate meal or go out, I made this quick Vegetarian Thai Peanut Noodles. Such kind of noodles are my favorite when I am running short on time. They come together super quickly, taste good and you can literally add in whatever you want. Yeah noodles very customizable that way! I love these thai peanut noodles mainly because the sauce has peanut butter in it! It’s so good you guys, I wanted to eat it with a spoon! The sauce is little spicy and little sweet and I personally love this flavor combination. You can add any veggies you like here, I added what I had at home – pepper, carrot and some spring onions.
This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. Boil the pasta and while that is boiling, chop the veggies and prepare the sauce. Once the pasta is done, simply saute and eat. Don’t you love easy meals like this? Have a great week ahead guys!
Cook spaghetti according to instructions on package. Once cooked, drain and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to it so that it doesn’t stick. Set aside. Combine all ingredients under “sauce” in a pan. Put pan on heat and stir till nicely combined. Set aside.
In a wok, add 2 tablespoons sesame oil on high heat. Once hot, add minced garlic, ginger and white part of spring onion. Saute for a minute. Add red bell pepper and carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Veggies should remain crunchy.
Add the prepared peanut butter sauce and cook for 1 more minute.
Now add the cooked spaghetti and salt to taste. Mix well so that noodles are well coated with the sauce. Cook for a minute.
Add spring onion greens and cilantro. Also add peanuts if using.
Squeeze in lime juice, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve the thai peanut noodles immediately!
* Using peanuts is optional. It’s a personal preference, so you may skip it if you don’t like.
* Adjust spice level to taste. You may also add hot sauce like sriracha to make it spicier.
* To make this completely vegan, use maple syrup in place of honey.
* If you don’t have sesame oil, you may use any oil of your choice.
* Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy.
Vegetarian Thai Peanut Noodles
- 10 oz spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 stalks of spring onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large carrot cut lengthwise
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon green chili sauce adjust to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts optional
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on package. Once cooked, drain and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to it so that it doesn't stick. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients under "sauce" in a pan. Put pan on heat and stir till nicely combined. Set aside.
- In a wok, add 2 tablespoons sesame oil on high heat. Once hot, add minced garlic, ginger and white part of spring onion. Saute for a minute.
- Add red bell pepper and carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Veggies should remain crunchy.
- Add the prepared peanut butter sauce and cook for 1 more minute.
- Now add the cooked spaghetti and salt to taste. Mix well so that noodles are well coated with the sauce. Cook for a minute.
- Add spring onion greens and cilantro. Also add peanuts if using. Squeeze in lime juice, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.
Thai Peanut Noodles
24 thoughts on “Vegetarian Thai Peanut Noodles”
Can you clarify what green chili sauce would be? I have green curry paste… when I google green chili sauce I find green chili enchilada sauce. Could I just purée a small can of green chili’s? Thanks!
It refers to a sauce like this https://www.amazon.com/Chings-Green-Chilli-Sauce-6-7/dp/B002R89N6A/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=green+chili+sauce&qid=1583731407&sr=8-9
You can puree a small can of green chili, not sure how spicy it will be
Love this delicious bowl of noodles…especially the peanut sauce..Above all I love Thai food!!
Thai style noodles?! Yes, please! Asian inspired dishes are a favorite in our home so I already know my family will love this recipe! What wacky weather you’re having too! Hopefully summer will come and decide to stay!
I have a version of this that I’ll be coming out with soon — I just love Thai flavors! These noodles look amazing, Manali, and I hope that weather gets more consistent for you. Ours is all over the place at the moment too!
High five to Thai and vegetarian twinning today!! Looove these Peanut Noodles, Manali! So much flavor and pretty to boot! I could slurp up a few bowls of these right now! Hope you have so much fun with your parents… crazy weather and all! Cheers!