Don’t we all love easy desserts? I mean desserts which take hardly any time to prepare, require minimal ingredients and still look very fancy. Now those are some of my favorite kind of desserts. So if you are still looking for an easy, no fuss Valentine’s day recipe, you have come to just the right place. This 3 ingredient strawberry nutella tart is made using store bought puff pastry and is super simple to whip up.
I love puff pastry, there’s so much you can do with it. Sweet or savory, the possibilities are endless! Obviously you get the best results when it’s homemade but we all know it’s quite a long process as we might not always have the time to make puff pastry from scratch and that’s when the store bought sheets come in handy. I always have few in my refrigerator because it’s so easy to use them and whip up delicious desserts in minutes when that sweet craving kicks in.
This easy tart only requires 3 ingredients – puff pastry, strawberries and nutella. You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top but that’s optional. The entire prep time is less than 10 minutes because actually there isn’t any prep work other than slicing the strawberries. So if you puff pastry is thawed, you just need to roll it, put some nutella in center, place strawberries on top and bake it and you will have an amazing dessert ready to eat in 15 minutes! Be careful not to overbake this else nutella starts to burn.
I think this will be awesome for breakfast on Valentine’s Day because there’s nothing better than starting the day with nutella and strawberries!
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Roll the thawed puff pastry using your rolling pin till it’s nice and thin. Prick all over using a fork so that it doesn’t puff up too much during baking.
Cut it into 4 equal rectangles and put them on parchment lined baking sheet. Place 2 tablespoons of nutella in the center of each rectangle, leaving space on the edges.
Spread strawberries over the nutella and bake until edges of pastry are puffed and light golden brown, around 12-15 minutes.
Dust with powdered sugar [optional] and enjoy this easy strawberry nutella tart immediately!
* I didn’t bake the pastry for too long [around13-14 minutes] and let it remain light golden brown because the nutella starts to burn and clump together so bake only till the pastry is lightly browned.
Easy Strawberry Nutella Tart
- 1 puff pastry thawed [store bought]
- 8-10 strawberries thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons nutella
- confectioners sugar to sprinkle [optional]
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Roll the thawed puff pastry using your rolling pin till it's nice and thin. Prick all over using a fork so that it doesn't puff up too much during baking.
- Cut it into 4 equal rectangles and put them on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place 2 tablespoons of nutella in the center of each rectangle, leaving space on the edges.
- Spread strawberries over the nutella and bake until edges of pastry are puffed and golden brown, around 15 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar [optional] and enjoy this easy strawberry nutella tart immediately!
3 Ingredient Strawberry Nutella Tart
45 thoughts on “3 Ingredient Strawberry Nutella Tart”
I love nutella and strawberries on toast so this would be even better!
It is! you need to try it! Thanks!!