Curried Tofu & Peanut with Roasted Garlic Rice
Feb 03, 2017, Updated Jan 02, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post has been sponsored by Uncle Ben’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Curried Tofu with Peanuts and UNCLE BEN’S® Flavored Grains Brown Rice Medley with Roasted Garlic makes a wholesome and delicious meal.
What do you guys think gets neglected most in today’s busy life? I know health is one, I haven’t done a workout in the last 1 month and that’s so unlike me. But I have just been very busy with family responsibilities and that has made it difficult for me to take out any time for myself. I know it’s an excuse but that’s how it is. What I also think gets neglected when we are busy is “homemade food”. Let’s face it, a lot of us go for the takeout on busy days. When you are exhausted after a long day, the last thing you want to do is to cook a time consuming meal at home. We all know homemade meals are so much better for us but yet we all succumb to pressure.
While I love to cook lavish meals, more often than not I am looking for quick and easy meal options. Something which doesn’t require much time to put together, and is nutritious with minimal ingredients. Eating healthy at home is not difficult. All it takes is a bit of planning and products like Uncle Ben’s® Rice Products to make cooking simpler! Uncle Ben’s® Rice products provide a healthy and nutritious variety of white, brown, long grain and wild rice meals which can be served either as a part of main dish (like in this recipe!) or as a side dish. I picked mine from my local Fred Meyer store, which is my favorite destination for “good for you” meal solutions.
This rice bowl has Uncle Ben’s® Roasted Garlic Rice with Curried Tofu and Roasted Peanuts – a wholesome meal which is really easy to make at home and is good for you. Let’s see what all in is there in this rice bowl.
- Rice: I have used Uncle Ben’s® Rice, which other than being nutritious is also quite flavorful. I am sure by now you guys are well aware of my love for garlic so its no surprise that I love this flavor the most. Rice as you all know is a staple food for more than half of world’s population. Rice is mainly carbs but is also a good source of minerals and vitamins like magnesium, selenium, thiamine etc.
- Tofu: If you are a vegetarian like me, then you should eat tofu to get your protein fix. Tofu is low-calorie and a good source of protein, iron and calcium. I added some curry powder to the tofu to make it super flavorful
- Peanuts: I love the crunch that the peanuts add to this dish. They are also a good source of several vitamins and minerals.
To make this dish is really simple. Follow the instructions on the package to cook Uncle Ben’s® Rice and while that is cooking pan fry the tofu with some curry powder, salt and pepper. I have used extra-firm tofu here and I would highly recommend using the same. Just make sure to press the tofu block for some time before you cut it into cubes. That helps in removing the excess moisture from it.
Visit your nearest Fred Meyer or any of the other Kroger family of stores and save $1 when you buy 2 Uncle Ben’s® Flavored Grain products. This offer is redeemed at the register and is valid from 2/12/17 and 2/28/17.
Cook Uncle Ben’s® Rice according to instructions on the package. Set aside.
Press tofu by placing some heavy object on top for 20-30 minutes to get rid of all water. Once all the water has been drained, cut it into cubes. Heat 1.5 teaspoon canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot, add tofu, curry powder, black pepper and salt.
Mix till tofu cubes are well coated with the spices. Cook the tofu cubes, 2-3 minutes on each side or till they turn golden brown in color. Remove from pan and set aside.
To assemble the dish, add the prepared rice and tofu to the bowl. Add roasted peanuts, chopped spring onion and squeeze in some fresh lime juice. Garnish with cilantro (optional) and enjoy!
Curried Tofu & Peanut with Roasted Garlic Rice
- 6 oz Uncle Ben's Roasted Garlic Rice
- 8 oz extra firm tofu cut into cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1.5 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 sprig green onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- Cook Uncle Ben's Roasted Garlic Rice according to instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Press tofu by placing some heavy object on top for 20-30 minutes to get rid of all water. Once all the water has been drained, cut it into cubes.
- Heat 1.5 teaspoon canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot, add tofu, curry powder, black pepper and salt. Mix till tofu cubes are well coated with the spices. Cook the tofu cubes, 2-3 minutes on each side or till they turn golden brown in color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble the dish, add the prepared rice and tofu to the bowl. Add roasted peanuts, chopped spring onion and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional) and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Curried Tofu & Roasted Peanuts Rice Bowl