This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
Packed with dried fruits, nuts and DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut , these Fruit & Nut Bars are a great way to satisfy your chocolate craving! These are sweetened with honey and made with almond meal and whole wheat flour.
You guys, I went snowboarding yesterday! Only my 2nd time, I did it for the 1st time last year and couldn’t even stand straight on the snowboard but yesterday I actually managed to come down a little slope. Okay that slope was for people who are learning but so what! The fact that I could come down was a major win! And it was so beautiful yesterday, really bright and sunny so I really had fun. I think I can get better at this if I keep doing it, after all it’s all about practice. Right?
Other than that we obviously did a lot of grocery over the weekend. As a food blogger, you do more grocery (read much more!) than a normal person would. Because I am trying to eat better these days (it’s a promise I made to myself at the beginning of the year) I try to stock up on all veggies and fruits and what not! But you all know my love for chocolate, I cannot stay away from it. My eyes are always looking for chocolates at the grocery store and recently I found something which satisfies my sweet craving and still keeps me in line with my goals – DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut. They were displayed at a special in-store display at Walmart and the beautiful packaging and flavors instantly caught my attention. The flavors are so wonderful, I got hold of DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond, DOVE® Dark Chocolate Raspberry & Honey Roasted Almond and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Cherries.
I absolutely love these! I mean I always crave some chocolate, more so I crave some dark chocolate and these are just perfect for that craving! DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut combines some of my favorite things like dark chocolate, fruits and nuts in “better-for-you” indulgence snack! And I think it’s perfectly fine to reward myself with some chocolate after all the workouts I am doing these days.
I love to snack on DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut and then I mixed them with some “good-for-you” ingredients and made these Fruit & Nut Bars. I have been snacking on these bars everyday! For these bars I used almond meal, whole wheat flour, honey, chopped nuts, some dried fruits and of course DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut . You only need 10 minutes to prepare the batter and they taste amazing – free of refined flour, sweetened with honey with all the chocolate-y goodness. These are the perfect little treat to satisfy your chocolate craving!
* Line a 8 x 8 inch square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Spray with a non-stick spray and set aside.
In a bowl mix honey, peanut butter, salt, coconut oil and vanilla extract till well combined. Add almond meal, white whole wheat flour and mix.
Fold in chopped nuts, dried fruits, chopped dates and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Raspberry & Honey Roasted Almond.
Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press it down firmly. Press some more DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut on top bake at 325 F degrees for 20-22 minutes or till appears set.
Remove pan from oven, let it cool down to room temperature and then chill the bars for an hour or two before cutting into squares.
I found DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut at a special in-store display at my local Walmart. So keep an eye on the special display when you visit Walmart next! The display will be in stores this month. And tell me which of these flavors are you most excited to try?
* It’s best to keep these bars refrigerated. They will stay good for 2-3 weeks.
Fruit & Nut Bars
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2.5 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mixed nuts [I used a mix of cashews pecans, pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried fruits [I used a mix of dried blueberries raspberries and strawberries]
- 1 tablespoon chopped date [4 dates]
- 1/4 cup DOVE® Dark Chocolate Raspberry & Honey Roasted Almond + some more to press on top
- Line a 8 x 8 inch square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Spray with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix honey, peanut butter, salt, coconut oil and vanilla extract till well combined. Add almond meal, white whole wheat flour and mix.
- Fold in chopped nuts, dried fruits, chopped dates and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Raspberry & Honey Roasted Almond.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press it down firmly. Press some more DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut on top.
- Bake at 325 F degrees for 20-22 minutes or till it appears set.
- Remove pan from oven, let it cool down to room temperature and then chill the bars for an hour or two before cutting into squares.
- Keep the bars refrigerated.
Fruit & Nut Bars
37 thoughts on “Fruit & Nut Bars”
Yay for snowboarding, Manali! I totally miss going – we haven’t gone since we had the kiddos and have definitely missed the slopes. These nut bars sound like the perfect snack after a few runs down the hill 🙂 Love the Dove almonds!
So delicious! I used to make granola/protein bars at home to snack on but haven’t in a while. These look great, I’ll have to try them!
All my fav flavours in one love this recipe super hit