Before posting this recipe, I was looking at my blog’s home page and all I could see was chocolates and red and pink and some more red. I have been sharing only desserts on Cook With Manali for a while now. But honestly this is the time for all the chocolate and hearts with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. The particular day doesn’t excite me but all the chocolate, roses and cute little things do. I mean who doesn’t like chocolate or for that matter who wouldn’t want to bite into these fudgy chocolate brownies?
I don’t have much to say about these brownies except that, well they are brownies and they are fudgy and they are delicious. I honestly think that brownies are so underrated. Isn’t it? They might be easy to make but their taste is on par with the best. I think brownies are so flavorful and if you love chocolates, then they are sure to be one of your favorite desserts. My next recipe in Valentine’s Day series is of simple fudgy brownies with a chocolate glaze after all we can’t have enough of chocolates during this time of the year!
This recipe, like most brownie recipes is super easy. It also helps that it’s a 1 bowl recipe, you don’t need to dirty a lot of dishes [which I hate!] to make these plus you don’t even need a mixer. Don’t you love it when recipes are that simple? I certainly do. I always melt my chocolate and butter using the double boiler method, in which you put a pan 1/4 filled with water on medium-low heat. You then place the chocolate-butter bowl on top of simmering water [not boiling] making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan. You can also melt the butter and chocolate in microwave, I simply prefer the double boiler method.
The most important thing for a good brownie is my opinion is to use a good quality cocoa powder after all it pretty much decides how your brownies will taste. For a stronger chocolate flavor, I recommend using bittersweet chocolate chips in the batter in place of semi-sweet chocolate.
* I got 12 brownies from this recipe, you may get more or less depending on how big or small you cut them.
* The brownies taste fantastic as it is so if you don’t want the glaze it’s absolutely fine.
PS: Sorry for no step by step pictures in this recipe. I made this at night and forgot to click pictures 🙁 But the recipe is pretty simple so it shouldn’t be too difficult to follow.
Fudgy Brownies with Chocolate Glaze
- 10 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- valentine's day sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a 8 X 8 inch square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan on stove top using double boiler method. You can also melt it in the microwave.
- Once the butter is melted let it cool down for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add sugar, vanilla extract to the melted butter and mix till well combined.
- Add eggs, one at time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in the all purpose flour and cocoa powder till well combined.
- Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Transfer brownie batter into the pan, spreading it well so that it covers the entire pan.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let the brownies cool down completely before cutting them into 12 squares.
- Melt butter, milk, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl over medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the chopped chocolate and mix till mixture is completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar.
- Mix till glaze is smooth and shiny.
- Dip the cooled brownies into the glaze immediately. Decorate with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet.
- Let the glaze set before serving.
Fudgy Brownies With Chocolate Glaze