This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Kick start your day with this delicious and healthy Mango Smoothie Bowl topped with raisins, berries, shredded coconut and sliced almonds! It is also vegan.
I am really making an effort to eat better these days. I hogged on so much during the holidays, like I can’t even begin to describe. When you are in India, everyone wants to invite you over for dinner or meet for coffee or pizza or *insert any other eating activity*, well you get my point! Plus when you visit home only once a year, you are obviously pampered a lot. Parents want to feed you your favorite food all the time. And you obviously don’t say no. Why should you? Tell me who can resist warm, homemade gajar ka halwa and hot matar paratha for breakfast?!! Not me! I think I ate that gajar halwa 20 days out of the 30 days I was in Delhi. No kidding!
Anyway since it’s the new year and I am back to my regular routine I am trying to eat healthy. And these days I like to start my day with smoothie bowls. Aren’t they amazing? My new favorite is this Mango Smoothie Bowl.
I think I am pretty late to this smoothie bowl bandwagon but better late than never! What I love about smoothie bowls is that they are so customizable and the toppings? They are absolutely the best part! During my Costco trip last weekend, I got hold of some mangoes. I wasn’t sure how they would taste since it isn’t really the mango season right now however we still got them [did I have a choice in front of my mango-crazy husband?!!] and to my surprise they turned out pretty great.
I also had some frozen mangoes in my freezer and so I made this gorgeous mango smoothie bowl using Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk and topped it with fresh mangoes, berries, raisins, coconut & sliced almonds. Mmmm so good you guys!
And this recipe can’t get any simpler. You need to place frozen mangoes and frozen banana into a blender and then add Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk to it. I used the Original Unsweetened here but you can use Vanilla as well. I love Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk in my smoothies, it gives them such a nice flavor plus it’s only 30 calories per cup. Just what I need to keep up with eating right this year! Next add sweetener like maple syrup and blend. Pour smoothie into a bowl and top it with whatever you like! I used fresh mango slices, raisins, coconut, berries and sliced almonds.
* I recommend using frozen banana here, it adds so much creaminess to the smoothie. If you use a regular banana, which isn’t frozen your smoothie might not get that thick & creamy consistency.
* You can use fresh mangoes in place of the frozen ones. But the frozen mangoes do give your smoothie a nice thick & rich consistency.
* If using fresh mangoes, you will probably need to use less water. Since my smoothie was pretty thick due to frozen fruits, I added 3/4 cup water, you might want to adjust it according to your preference.
Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1.5 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup almond milk [I used Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk]
- 3/4 cup water [adjust to the consistency you prefer]
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- fresh mango, sliced
- sliced almonds
- berries [I used raspberries & blueberries]
- shredded coconut
- Place frozen mango chunks and frozen banana in a blender.
- Add Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk, water, maple syrup and blend.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl.
- Top with mango slices, raisins, berries, shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
Mango Smoothie Bowl