After making these flourless almond cookies, my mind has been churning out new ideas to make more flourless and vegan stuff. The thing with flourless is that it makes me feel less guilty of eating desserts. Baking is something I am addicted to and CANNOT do without and so to cut down on the guilt of eating these goodies regularly, I am constantly thinking of healthier options. I don’t claim these muffins to be super healthy, there’s still a lot of calories in them but yes they are healthier than your regular muffins.
I’m a fan of fuss free baking. I like recipes which use minimal ingredients and this recipe is right up my ally. The recipe calls for only 5 ingredients, 4 if you don’t want to add chocolate chips. Making the batter has never been this easy – just mix the 5 ingredients together in a bowl. I did not use vanilla extract, I didn’t even use baking powder but you can very well use them if you wish to. The muffins tasted fantastic as it is and we ate them all for breakfast.
To make these muffins, mix together 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with peanut butter and mashed bananas. Remember to use very ripe banana for this, the one with dark brown spots on them. Add sugar and mix till you get a smooth mixture. You can vanilla or any other extract here, I didn’t. Now fold in the chocolate chips and your muffin batter is done. Didn’t I tell you it actually takes only 5 minutes? Fill the muffin tray with the batter and bake till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Because there’s no flour, the muffins will be really soft when you take them out from the oven. Leave them in the muffin tray for 10-15 minutes and then run a spatula/knife around each muffin. To remove the muffins I simply flipped the muffin tray upside down and they came out perfectly.
* You can reduce the sugar and skip the chocolate chips to cut down on the calories.
* Nuts like walnuts & pecans can be added to these muffins.
Skinny Peanut Butter Banana Muffins [Flourless & Vegan]
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon mashed banana use ripe banana
- Granulated sugar: 1/4 cup [Vegan Organic White Sugar]
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil and mashed bananas in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix till combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in the muffin tray till 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins remain in the muffin tray for 10-15 minutes.
- Run a spatula around the muffins to loosen them up and then just flip the tray upside down. The muffins would come out easily.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.