I have an ice cream maker which I often use to make delicious ice creams at home. Ever since I got it, I keep trying new flavors all the time (even though I have shared just one on the blog, opps!). There’s a problem though the ice cream maker bowl needs to be freezed for 14-15 hours before you can make the ice cream. I usually keep it in the freezer all the time but few days back I took it out and it has been lying outside since then.
So now what do I do when I feel like having some homemade ice cream in the evening and don’t want to wait until the next day. Well that’s where such simple recipes come in handy! No machine, no churn – just few simple ingredients and your ice cream is ready in no time.
I love ice creams I really do and considering how much I love peanut butter I love this one just a wee bit more! To enhance the peanut flavor I added some reese peanut butter chips. They didn’t only enhance the flavor but also gave a nice crunch to the ice cream. However it is completely optional to add them, the creamy peanut butter ice cream tastes fantastic as it is.
It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare the ice cream mixture. The whipping part is a breeze if you own a Kitchen aid stand mixer, really it makes my life so much easier. Just pour in the heavy cream in the bowl, fix the whisk attachment and run the mixer on high speed. You will get soft peaks in few minutes. If you are using hand mixer then you will have to beat for a longer time to get soft peaks.
Use a creamy peanut butter for this recipe, I used the organic peanut butter from Costco. Drizzle some salted caramel sauce on top of the ice cream or enjoy as it is! Peanut butter yuminess in every bite.
* If you feel the ice cream is very high on peanut flavor, you can add chocolate chips to the ice cream in place of the peanut butter chips. But for peanut butter lovers I highly recommend these PB chips.
* If you do not have condensed milk you can use sugar in stead. Just make sure it dissolves completely.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 x 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups peanut butter chips
- In a bowl whisk together the peanut butter, vanilla and condensed milk.
- Using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer or using hand mixer beat the cream till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cream into the peanut butter mixture in 3 parts until fully incorporated.
- Pour into desired container.
- After 2 hours when the ice cream is half set take it out and pour in a bowl. Whisk and add the reese peanut butter chips.
- Pour into the container and freeze for 6 hours or until set.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream