My family is here guys and I’m so happy and excited 🙂 I spent my whole day yesterday cleaning and cooking. These are the days when I seriously miss being in India, I mean I miss it otherwise too but when you have do everything alone, then you miss it a little more 😉 In India, we would always have domestic help to do the dishes, to wash clothes and to even cook. Now that kind of luxury is obviously not possible here, I am telling you most people miss this the most when the move to Europe/US.
Anyway I cooked a simple Indian meal for my parents. Actually last time when they came here, I got all excited and made all the heavy food, like the ones we eat in parties. And obviously after a 24 hour long flight, they didn’t feel like eating that kind of food. So this time around, I stuck to very simple dishes, one of which is this stir fry of red potatoes with dill. It’s super simple, vegan and delicious too!
I used red potatoes for this dish. Have you guys tried them? They are so delicious. For this recipe, I just boiled them and then tossed them with some garlic, cumin seeds and fresh dill. If you are not a fan of cumin seeds, you can reduce the quantity to half. This is one of the easiest side dishes that you can make and it hardly takes any time.
And because my family is here, I will be little busy with them this entire month. So I might not be able to answer or reply back immediately but I will as soon as possible. Have a great weekend!
Cut the potatoes into cubes. Basically cut each potato into 4 pieces.
Place them in warm water and bring to a boil. . The potatoes should be submerged in the water.
Cover and bring water to a boil. Cook till potatoes are done, around 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook but you should be able to insert a fork inside the potato cubes easily. Drain and set aside.
In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add chopped garlic and saute till it just starts turning light golden in color.
Add the boiled potatoes, salt and toss till potatoes well coated with the garlic and cumin mixture. Cook the potatoes for 3-4 minutes or till they become slightly brown in color.
Add chopped dill leaves, give a mix and remove from heat.Serve immediately as a side dish to any meal.
Serve red potatoes with dill as a side dish to any meal.
* You can use butter in place of oil in this recipe.
* Half the amount of cumin seeds in the recipe if you are not too fond of the cumin flavor.
Red Potatoes with Dill
- 10 red potatoes small
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds [reduce to 1/2 if you don't like cumin seeds]
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of dill finely chopped [around 2-3 tablespoons]
- salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and then add to a pot of warm water. The potatoe should be submerged in the water.
- Cover and bring water to a boil.
- Cook till potatoes are done, around 8-10 minutes. Don't overcook but you should be able to insert a fork inside the potato cubes easily. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till it just starts turning light golden in color.
- Add the boiled potatoes, salt and toss till potatoes well coated with the garlic and cumin mixture.
- Cook the potatoes for 3-4 minutes or till they become slightly brown in color.
- Add chopped dill leaves, give a mix and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to any meal.
Red Potatoes with Dill
40 thoughts on “Red Potatoes with Dill”
One of my fave pairings <3 So simple and good!
Thanks dear for the delicious side recipe! This recipe looks awesome, the combination of dill and potatoes sounds superb. Have fun with your family.