This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Packed with flavors & easy to share, these Sweet Potato Black Bean Pizza pockets are the perfect little snack for the Big Game!
Who loves pizza? Wrong question I guess, it should be who does not love pizza? No one! Seriously, what’s not to love? I am always up for a pizza and even better when they are bite sized and easy to share with friends and family like this Sweet Potato Black Bean Pizza Pockets. These pizza pockets so easy to make and are flavored with Pace® Picante Sauce and Pace® Salsa Verde which I found at my local Walmart.
Have you guys ever made pizza pockets? They aren’t difficult at all. I used a ready to use pizza dough to make it even simpler for you guys. These pizza pockets are the perfect party appetizer for the big game or just about any celebration.
So what all goes in these vegetarian pizza pockets?
✓ sweet potatoes
✓ black beans
✓ onion and bell pepper
✓ cilantro & bit of lime juice
✓ 24 oz. Pace® Picante Sauce & 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde
The Pace® Picante Sauce is the deal changer in these pizza pockets you guys. I know many of you must be using Pace® products for dipping purposes only but honestly there’s so much more that you can do with them. With strong flavors and textures, Pace® is perfect ingredient to “Ban the Bland” in your dishes. I used the sauce as an ingredient in these pizza pockets, it really is that versatile and also perfect to add a kick to your snacks and dishes. They also offer a variety of textures and heat levels through products like 24oz. Pace® Salsa Verde.
To make these pizza pockets, we start with a store bought dough or you can use your favorite pizza dough recipe and then roll it out. You may face problems in rolling the dough and if you do, my tip would be to let the dough rest for a bit and then try again. It should roll out easily then. Once you have rolled out the dough, simple cut it into rectangles, fill it with the filling, cheese, Pace® Picante Sauce and bake! It’s that easy to make these.
And don’t they look perfectly shareable? That is what makes them so perfect for the Big Game. Whenever it comes to feeding a crowd, I prefer recipes which do not take much time to put together. I am sure no one wants to slog in the kitchen while everyone else enjoys the game. So these pizza pockets are perfect that way. You can even make the filling in advance and that way you just have to roll out the dough and bake these when it’s time to eat.
Hope you guys enjoy these vegetarian pizza pockets! And don’t forget to shop delicious Pace® products! Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them! Also don’t forget Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
In a bowl toss together diced sweet potatoes, black beans, red pepper, red onion and cilantro.
Add paprika, pepper, salt, italian seasoning and mix to combine.
Squeeze in some fresh lime juice and set aside.
Roll out the pizza dough and cut it into 9 rectangles. Brush the rectangles with olive oil and then place 1-1.5 teaspoons sauce/salsa on top of each rectangle. Top with 1 tablespoon of the mixture and then with mozzarella cheese. Remember to not overfill the pockets else filling will ooze out.
Fold the dough in half and seal the edges using a fork. Cut a slit in the center of the pocket if you like so that it doesn’t puff up too much while baking.
Bake at 425 F degrees for 15 minutes or till golden brown in color.
Enjoy these sweet potato black bean pizza pockets immediately!
Find Pace® products at your local Walmart! I found mine in the Hispanic Foods aisle.
* Remember to not overfill the pizza pockets else the filling would ooze out while baking.
* The diced sweet potatoes shouldn’t be too big else they won’t cook up while in the oven. Dice them smell and of the same size so that they cook evenly.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Pizza Pockets
- 1 x 16 oz pizza dough
- 2-3 tablespoons Pace® Salsa Verde
- 2-3 tablespoons Pace® Picante Sauce
- 3-4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1.5 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- olive oil to brush
- In a bowl toss together diced sweet potatoes, black beans, red pepper, red onion and cilantro.
- Add paprika, pepper, salt, italian seasoning and mix to combine.
- Squeeze in some fresh lime juice and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut it into 9 rectangles.
- Brush the rectangles with olive oil and then place 1-1.5 teaspoons sauce on top of each rectangle.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of the mixture and then with mozzarella cheese. Remember to not overfill the pockets else filling will ooze out.
- Fold the dough in half and seal the edges using a fork. Cut a slit in the center of the pocket if you like so that it doesn't puff up too much while baking.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for 15 minutes or till golden brown in color.
- Enjoy these sweet potato black bean pizza pockets immediately!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Pizza Pockets