So the peppermint season has officially begun and I can see my blogger friends coming up with some wonderful recipes already. Does that mean the pumpkin season is over? I have to confess that I prefer pumpkin over mint, like so much more. I have grown to love pumpkin, it is just wonderful. I love how it mixes with all the spices, ahh now I’m craving for a slice of this moist Pumpkin Bread. Anyway moving over pumpkin, let’s talk about mint.
Do you like it? I do like mint in baked good but I don’t like it overpowering my desserts. Sometimes the mint is so much that you feel like eating a toothpaste, now that I don’t like at all. Once I made a hot chocolate and added peppermint essence to it, I accidentally added more than I wanted to and oh god after having 2 or 3 sips I wanted to puke badly. My head was spinning with the mint overdose. It’s good in moderate amount though, just like in these white chocolate mint fudge with pistachios.
Fudge is the easiest treat that you can make and they can be very addictive too. I am not telling how many I ate while clicking these pictures! Way too many! Honestly I made these fudge because I was left with some condensed milk and wanted to use it and so these were made. To make these fudge all you need is white chocolate chips, mint baking chips (I used Andes), condensed milk, butter and some pistachios. I love the roasted, unsalted pistachios that we get at Trader Joe’s. Have you tried it? I prefer them in my baking and they are also great to snack on.
It’s super simple to make these, no candy thermometer (phew!) and no prep work either. But the hard part is the waiting time. These fudge take time to set, I kept them in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours and I swear it was tough to wait. I so badly wanted to eat the mixture with a spoon but somehow controlled myself! This mixture made 14 small squares and since I wanted to make these thick I let the mixture set in a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
This is the beginning of the holiday baking madness and there’s definitely a lot to come. Stay tuned!
* I used Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips for this recipe. You can use any other mint chips if you like.
White Chocolate Mint Pistachio Fudge
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips more to sprinkle on top
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla optional
- ¼ cup mint baking chip [I used Andes Crème De Menthe Baking Chips]
- ½ cup pistachios roasted and unsalted + more to sprinkle on top
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with aluminium foil with the sides overhanging. Spay the aluminium foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat whisk together unsalted butter, condensed milk and white chocolate chips. Also add salt and vanilla (if using).
- Mix till the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Add in the mint baking chips. Since these are small they melt pretty quickly.
- Add in the pistachios and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with some additional pistachios and white chocolate chips (optional).
- Once the mixture cools down a bit, transfer the pan into the fridge and let it set for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Store the fudge in the refrigerator for a week.