Hello guys, sorry for missing in action for the last few days. I went on a mini vacation and I had planned to schedule my posts while I was away but you know sometimes there are just too many things on your platter especially at the last minute and so I was not able to do that. I carried my laptop along with me thinking that I would update from there but unfortunately the house I stayed in had no internet. I guess sometimes it’s good to take a little break! 🙂
Anyway I’m back now with a pasta recipe. You remember when I posted this, so I used that sauce to make this baked pesto pasta. I first had baked pesto pasta it in Scotland where one of my friends made it for me. Since then I have been meaning to make it but somehow whenever I make pesto sauce I always end up using it on my sandwich or making a simple pasta but this time around I was determined to bake it.
The version that my friend made had tons of cheese in it. This recipe has cheese too but it isn’t overloaded with it. Because the pesto sauce already has cheese in it, the pasta was cheesy enough for me at least. If you are a fan of cheese then you might want to add more! This pasta will work well any pesto sauce. Since I had spinach pesto on hand I used it in this recipe but the traditional basil pesto would taste just as good. Pesto is made using so many green things so you can use kale pesto, coriander pesto etc. in this recipe.
The dish is ready in literally few minutes if you already have the pesto sauce in your refrigerator. Just toss everything together and bake till cheese is all melted. We all love pasta especially when we are looking to cook something quick and it can’t get easier than this. Do give this baked pesto pasta a try and let me know how it turned out for you guys!
First boil the pasta according to instructions on the package, drain the water.
Immediately add in the prepared pesto sauce.
Also add cherry tomatoes and mix till well combined.
Add water and mix. Transfer pasta to a 8 x 8 square dish.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the pasta [any cheese that you like].
Bake at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes or till cheese is melted.
Eat immediately. Leftovers taste great as well!
* Add as much cheese as you want. Also I used a blend of 3 cheese but you can use whatever you prefer.
* I really think onions, bell pepper would taste great in this recipe, even mushrooms so you can add in these veggies too!
Recipe adapted from Pinch Of Yum.
Baked Pesto Pasta
- ½ lb pasta, use one that you like
- 3/4 cup pesto [basil or spinach or any pesto of choice]
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup cheese, grated of your choice
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- First boil the pasta according to instructions on the package, drain the water.
- Immediately add in the prepared pesto sauce.
- Also add cherry tomatoes and mix till well combined.
- Add water and mix. Transfer pasta to a 8 x 8 square dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the pasta [any cheese that you like].
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes or till cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Baked Pesto Pasta