This post is sponsored by Castello Cheese. I’m Partnering with Castello for a Summer of Blue. All opinions are my own. #BluesdayTuesday
Make your summer more fun with Blue Cheese!
I think this world cannot have enough of cheese. That is the conclusion I have come to after observing the amount of cheese people like to have in their sandwiches and pizzas. My brothers are here and just few days back I made some pizza for them. I made a regular pizza with some veggie topping and added a decent amount of cheese on it but even that wasn’t enough for them! Then I made another pizza which was literally dripping with cheese, now that made them happy. I think more cheese = happy people. Isn’t it?
And since we are talking about cheese, it’s amazing the different variety of cheese that is available in the market. In India, we never really knew about different types of cheese, the only one that we got there was mozzarella. But now I can’t have enough of the different flavors and one of the top favorites is blue cheese. People love blue cheese with meat but the fact is that is tastes equally good with veggies as well. And this recipe for green beans just proves that! I used my favorite Castello Blue Cheese for this recipe of brown butter green beans. What I like about Castello Blue Cheese is that the tangy characteristics are balanced with delicious sweet and salty flavors that are ideal to top a grilled burger or make a salad dressing or add flavors to summer vegetables like in this recipe of green beans. Castello has a wide range of unique blue cheeses. Check out Castello’s website for more information on their cheeses.
I have recently become obsessed with brown butter, it adds so much flavor to any dish and if you have not yet tried tossing some veggies into it, then you must do that as soon as possible. This easy side dish of brown butter green beans with blue cheese comes together so quickly. All you need to do is boil the beans but make sure they remain crispy. And then make some brown butter and toss the beans into it. Pine nuts add the required crunch and cranberries a lot of flavors. This vegetarian side dish will be perfect for all the your summer parties!
You can win summer’s supply of Castello Blue Cheese! Click below to enter.
Brown Butter Green Beans With Blue Cheese
- 1 lb green beans, washed & trimmed
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, roasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 oz crumbled cheese, [I used Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese]
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Wash and trim the green beans. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a pan bring some water to boil. Add green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from water and drain. You want beans to be crispy, so do not over-boil them.
- In a pan, add unsalted butter. Let it melt and swirl around till it turns amber in color. This will take around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans. Saute for a minute till it's well coated with the butter.
- Add cranberries, roasted pine nuts, salt and pepper and mix.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Brown Butter Green Beans with Blue Cheese