Chai tea is my favorite drink at Starbucks, simply because it’s closest in taste to regular Indian masala chai. I am a tea lover and whenever I’m out and need my dose of chai, Starbucks’s chai tea latte comes to my rescue.
While chai tea features regularly on their menu, chocolate chai tea latte was something I had at Starbucks around Thanksgiving last year. The regular chai was flavored with cocoa and being a chocoholic it was one change which I didn’t mind at all.
I did not add any sugar to my chai because I like it that way but you can add as much sugar as you wish to your cup. You can use any chai tea bags of your choice, I used Tazo because that’s what they use at Starbucks and also I prefer it’s taste over other brands.
Water: 1 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder: 1.5-2 tsp
Chai tea bags: 2 [ I used Tazo organic black chai tea bags ]
Sugar, to taste [optional]
Whipped topping & chocolate chips, to garnish [optional]
1. In a pan add water, milk and chai tea bags. Heat the mixture at medium heat.
2. Once hot, add cocoa powder, stir and let it come to a boil.
3. Switch off the flame and pour the chocolate chai into cup using a strainer.
4. Add sugar if desired.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Enjoy hot chocolate chai tea!
* Add sugar or any other sweetener according to taste.
* You can add cream, more milk according to your preference. Some people like their chai to be more milky so adjust accordingly.
* Use good quality cocoa powder for better taste.
Chocolate Chai Tea
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1.5-2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 chai tea bags [ i used tazo organic black chai tea bags ]
- sugar to taste [optional]
- whipped topping
- chocolate chips to garnish
- In a pan, add water, milk and chai tea bags. Heat the mixture at medium heat.
- Once hot, add cocoa powder, stir and let it come to a boil.
- Switch off the flame and pour the chocolate chai into cups using a strainer.
- Add sugar if desired.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Enjoy hot chocolate chai tea!