I don’t know about you but chocolate can cheer me up anytime and any day. I am a chocoholic and these chocolate chip pancakes are one of the best ways to satisfy my chocolate cravings when I have one. These soft, fluffy chocolate chip pancakes are packed with chocolate chips like literally packed! You bite into them and you feel like biting into a chocolate bar. This is breakfast with little indulgence!
I made these pancakes for breakfast and they were finished in minutes. These pancakes are little on the sweeter side that’s why I said they are like little treats. You can skip adding sugar in the batter and also cut down on the chocolate chips to cut down the sweetness and of course the calories.
Usually I do use whole wheat flour in my pancakes but for these I used 100% all purpose flour. I just feel that chocolate chips taste better with all purpose but that doesn’t mean that you can’t make them healthier. You can use 50% whole wheat and 50% all purpose to make these healthier for your family. I didn’t use vanilla extract in these pancakes but it would definitely add to the flavor.
I was able to get 8 chocolate chip pancakes out of the batter but as you can see I made slightly bigger pancakes. You will be able to get double the number if you use less batter per pancake. Make these little treats for your kids and they will surely thank you! : )
Don’t forget to check out other pancake recipes on the blog –
* You can use buttermilk in place of milk or use both 50-50%.
* Cut down on the chocolate chips if you don’t want lots of chocolate in every bite. Similarly add more if you can’t get enough of them.
* If you love butter use melted butter in place of oil in the batter.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl whisk together all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, eggs and milk.
- Transfer wet ingredients to dry, mixing till well combined but do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan or skillet on medium heat, melt little butter and spread it all over. [You can also use a cooking spray]
- Pour a ladle full of batter on to the pan.
- Cook for a minute or two and flip the pancake when you see small bubbles on the surface.
- Cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. The pancake is ready when light golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup or honey.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes