This Chocolate Orange Cranberry Fudge is one of the easiest treat that you can make for the Holidays. It is also great for gift giving and you need only few ingredients to make these.
Doesn’t it always happen that sometimes you start loving 2 ingredients together so much that you can’t help but pair them in every recipe you create. Like chocolate & peanut butter, chocolate and cinnamon and my latest obsession chocolate and orange. I remember way back when I was in school, one of my favorite chocolates was orange flavored. I used to love it so much, it also had some nuts added to it. That chocolate was absolutely delicious and it is the inspiration behind this chocolate orange cranberry fudge. I added cranberry because it’s the season of all things cranberries and it compliments the flavors beautifully. I also added some pecans to this fudge because nuts adds so much to the texture and I personally love it!
In other news, I am home and it feels great to be with family. I am loving the weather here, it’s so nice and pleasant, a real contrast to what the weather in Seattle was when I left [below freezing point!]. I am having a great time meeting friends and family, eating yummy food and just about doing nothing! It does feel wonderful to not to anything at all sometimes. In fact I haven’t entered the kitchen here at all and while I know I will start missing it terribly in few weeks, for now I am enjoying the break!
I made this fudge a while back and have been waiting to share with you guys ever since. I thought it would be best to share this recipe in December since orange and chocolate is such a festive combination. Remember last year I shared this Orange Hot Chocolate and then few weeks back this Orange Chocolate Chip Biscotti? Yeah, I am sure you can see I love these flavors together!
With the festive season all around, you will see tons of fudge recipes. I love how easy they are to make also very customizable. Swapping few ingredients here and there result in delicious flavors. But trust me guys, this chocolate orange cranberry fudge is the one that you need to make! You can also wrap the fudge in treat bags and give them as gifts to your friends and family. Who doesn’t like receiving chocolate?
Line a 8×8 square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Spray the foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Heat a pan on medium heat. Add butter and chocolate chips to it.
Add condensed milk and mix everything together.
Keep stirring till it all melts and mixture becomes smooth. Add orange zest and orange extract and mix.
Once the mixture is totally smooth remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans and dried cranberries.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle more orange zest on top [I also added some more dried cranberries on top for presentation] and then refrigerate the mixture for 4 hours or until set.
Once the fudge sets, cut it into pieces.
Keep the fudge refrigerated. It should stay good in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks, if it lasts that long in the first place!
* You can keep the fudge at room temperature too however I prefer the refrigerator since it stays more firm that way.
Chocolate Orange Cranberry Fudge
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1.5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¾ teaspoon orange extract
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Line a 8x8 square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Spray the foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add butter and chocolate chips to it.
- Add condensed milk and mix everything together.
- Keep stirring till it all melts and mixture becomes smooth. Add orange zest and orange extract and mix.
- Once the mixture is totally smooth remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans and dried cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle more orange zest on top [I also added some more dried cranberries on top for presentation] and then refrigerate the mixture for 4 hours or until set.
- Once the fudge sets, cut it into pieces.
- Keep the fudge refrigerated and eat with in 2 weeks.
Chocolate Orange Cranberry Fudge