There are two kinds of people in the world. One who love broccoli and others who hate it. I belong to the former category and I fail to understand why so many people especially kids do not like this vegetable. When I was little, broccoli was not readily available in India so I discovered this vegetable pretty late in life. I remember my brothers and other kids making weird faces whenever they were asked to eat broccoli. They said it looked like cauliflower but was nowhere close to it in taste! My husband shares the exact sentiment of those kids. *Sigh*
Anyway while I like eating broccoli in all forms, one of my favorite ways to eat is to roast the vegetable. It’s super simple, super quick and super delicious!
This is one of the easiest side dish that you can make, in fact it’s so simple that I had doubts whether I should be posting this at all! But then I thought it’s still a recipe with ingredients that need be combined, so I went ahead and posted this anyway.
It’s always good to have healthy recipes which you can make without much prep work and the prep work for this is literally 5 minutes. Yes 5 minutes. I ate this as my mid morning snack and relished every bit of it. Isn’t it so much better than munching on cookies and other such unhealthy stuff?
Once you eat roasted broccoli I doubt you would want to eat your broccoli in any other way. I gobbled up the entire thing in one go.
* It is not necessary to saute ginger & garlic before. You can slice and mix them with the broccoli directly as well and then roast them.
* Use fresh lemon juice in the recipe.
* Adding taco seasoning is optional.
* You can definitely add some Parmesan Cheese to this.
Ginger Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 1 small broccoli head cut into florets
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves big, chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- ¼ teaspoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone mat. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into florets of medium size.
- Wash broccoli and dry thoroughly. Use kitchen towel to pat dry the florets. They should be completely dry.
- In a pan heat olive oil on medium heat, add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer garlic-ginger with the oil into a bowl.
- Add broccoli florets, salt, pepper and taco seasoning and mix till all broccoli is coated with oil.
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, flipping once in between.
- Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice and serve immediately.
32 thoughts on “Ginger Garlic Roasted Broccoli”
Love roasted brocolli! This looks perfect and I would eat all of it!
Me too Vanessa!
I m on ur side too manali..My family loves brocolli and i do pepper fry and poriyal with it .Never thought of roasting the brocolli in oven.My pepper fry is similar to your roast but in stove .If you add some jeera/Cumin it enhances the flavor to another level.
Priya roasting the veggies brings out so much flavor, you should give it a try! I’m sure you will like it!
You are so right about the two groups! I really like broccoli, but pretty much nobody else in my family does. So I’ll roast it up and eat it all myself. No guilt there!
This recipe is fantastic. Simple and delicious! I love roasting veggies!
Yes to roasting veggies! Love it too! 🙂
Haha same here, I LOVE broccoli and used to wonder why my friends hated it! Nothing beats roasted veggies and yours look beautiful! Mmm the flavors sound out of this world too – wish I had a big pan of that right now! Pinning!
Thanks for the pin Kelly! *hi five* on broccoli love 😀
Broccoli is the BEST and anyone who wouldn’t love this gorgeous roasted broccoli is seriously crazy. Love that there’s ginger and garlic in here! I’ll bet the flavors are outta-this-world awesome. 🙂
haha thanks Sarah! some people do not like broccoli, I don’t know why!
I roast broccoli all the time but have never tried it with ginger! YUM! Can’t wait!!
Give it a try Annie! 🙂