Flavorful, aromatic Herb Garlic Roasted Potatoes make a wonderful vegetarian side dish. With just a handful of ingredients, these potatoes are done in 30 minutes!
Let’s talk potatoes! No, let’s talk about small potatoes. Seriously, what is it about them, why do they taste so good? I think it has to do with the fact that every mini food tastes better, it just does! Potato is comfort food for everyone. It doesn’t matter which country you are from, chances are you would have grown up eating potatoes in some form or the other. Whether it’s mashed potatoes or fries or aloo paratha, we all have fond memories attached with this vegetable.
My mom used to make a simple potato stir fry when my brothers would refuse to eat the greens. I think potato is one veggie which kids eat happily. At least that’s what the case was in my house. Whenever we had something for dinner which my brother’s didn’t like, they asked for either spiced potato stir fry or aloo paratha (spiced potato flatbread). Yeah, potato to the rescue always!
The idea of roasting vegetables is fairly new to me, simply because I never had an oven in my house growing up. But I have to say that I am so in love with this whole thing that I now feel like roasting every vegetable. I do think that roasted broccoli is like the best thing ever. Anyway this recipe isn’t abut broccoli. So yeah, the other day I had this potato medley pack and so I made herb garlic roasted potatoes. It is such an easy side dish but the flavors are awesome. Like the say, sometimes simple is best!
In stead of roasting potatoes along with garlic, I roasted them as such with some oil, salt, pepper and basil. I topped them with garlic and fresh herbs after they were out of the oven. I really like the flavors when I prepare them this way. And in case you haven’t I strongly recommend you to do so! I used fresh parsley and cilantro here but you can use any herb of your choice. I have to say that adding cilantro to everything is an Indian thing and I am guilty of that! And last but no the least don’t forget to sprinkle some garlic salt on top!
Herb Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 24 oz potatoes cut into quarters [I used this potato medley pack]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- salt to taste
To season after the potatoes are roasted
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 big garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- garlic salt to sprinkle before serving
- Wash and quarter the potatoes.
- To a large bowl add quartered potatoes. Add olive oil and toss to combine.
- Stir in lemon pepper, salt, dried basil and cayenne. Mix till potatoes are well coated with the spices.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and set aside.
- In a pan melt butter, and add chopped garlic. Saute for few minutes and remove from heat before garlic starts turning brown.
- Add chopped cilantro and parley to the pan and transfer the garlic mixture over the roasted potatoes.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on top and serve immediately.
Herb Garlic Roasted Potatoes