Sep 10, 2014, Updated Jan 02, 2018
Rich and creamy hot chocolate, perfect for cool winter mornings!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What would be this world without chocolate? I think it will be totally depressing and boring! Chocolate I think is the best thing to have happened to mankind, one bite and you feel happy and energetic,there’s no other medicine that can do that! When I’m happy I want to eat chocolates, when I’m sad I want to eat chocolates again, in short I want to eat them all the time. Chocolates and me are inseparable and I can never have enough of it.
Because I love them so much, I try to eat chocolates every day in some way or the other and one of my favorite ways to get my chocolate fix is hot chocolate! I believe there’s nothing that a steaming cup of creamy hot chocolate can’t fix!
All you need to make a rich and creamy hot chocolate is milk, half & half and some good quality chocolate chips. Good quality because the chocolate flavor depends on the type of chocolate chips you use so you must use a good brand. I used 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup half n half for this recipe but you can use only milk if you wish to cut down on the calories. However if you do love creamy hot chocolate, then you must use half & half! If you want an even creamier hot chocolate, you can even replace some of the milk with heavy cream. Using vanilla and cinnamon is optional but recommended.
This hot chocolate will be perfect for fall mornings which are just a few days away!
In a pan on medium heat mix together milk and half and half. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Keep stirring till the chocolate chips melt. Add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and mix.
Pour into cup and serve immediately.
You may sprinkle some chocolate or cinnamon powder on top.
* Use heavy cream in place of half n half to make an extra rich and creamy cup of hot chocolate. I must warn you though with cream the hot chocolate is quite heavy and creamy!
* You can adjust the quantity of cinnamon to taste and preference. If you love spices in your hot chocolate, add more of it.
* Use good quality chocolate chips, if you don’t have chocolate chips you can use around 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder in place. If you use cocoa powder in your hot chocolate, make sure to add sugar in it. I didn’t use any sugar because the sweetness from chocolate chips was enough.
* You can top this hot chocolate with some whipped cream. I like my hot chocolate as such without the cream and hence didn’t use any in this recipe.
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup half-n-half
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- In a pan on medium heat mix together milk and half and half. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Keep stirring till the chocolate chips melt. Add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour into cup and serve immediately. You may sprinkle some chocolate or cinnamon powder on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.