Thick Mango Milkshake topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and garnished with nuts, cherry and tutti fruittu. Mango Mastani is a delicious summer treat for every mango lover!
Mango season is here. Especially when you are in India, you don’t see anything besides mango in the market these days. You get so many varieties of mangoes here and they are all so delicious. Indian mangoes are simply the best. Lots of mangoes means lots of mango drinks, desserts, and what not! Only yesterday I had aamras with poori, which is basically fresh mango puree with fried whole wheat Indian bread. It was so good because honestly nothing can beat the taste of fresh Indian mangoes in season. I ate 1 bowl full!
Mango shakes are hugely popular during the mango season. In fact when I was little, mom made mango milkshake for us every single day during summers. My nanaji (maternal grandfather) used to send these trucks full of mangoes from his village and so you can imagine we literally had mangoes in every corner of the house. In fact we never purchased mangoes from the market, we always got it straight from the farm. And those mangoes were the best and I really miss eating them.
If you are looking for a slight twist to your mango milkshake, then try this Mango Mastani which is basically mango shake topped with vanilla ice cream and garnished with nuts and tutti frutti. The drink is popular in the state of Maharashtra, especially in Pune. The drink is quite heavy since there’s a thick mango shake and then scoops of ice cream. For me and my hubby, one glass was really enough! You can easily serve this recipe to 4, just use smaller glasses. The glasses that I used were quite big [as you can see from the pictures] so I added 2 scoops of ice cream in each. If you serve this in smaller glasses, simply add single scoop of ice cream in each.
Mango Mastani is super easy to make and the perfect way to enjoy mangoes this summer. Hope you guys give this a try!
*Use chilled milk for this recipe, and if possible use whole milk. It makes the mango shake more creamier.
* You can also used whipped cream to top your shake if you don’t like vanilla ice cream.
* This recipe makes 2 very large glasses. You can easily divide it and serve 4.
* Adjust sugar to taste. If the mangoes you are using are very sweet, you may not need to add any extra sugar.
- 2 very large mangoes or 3 medium mangoes
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts, I used cashews, almonds & Pistachios
- 2 tablespoons tutti frutti
- 2 glazed cherries
- few mango pieces
- Peel the mangoes and remove the pulp.
- Blend all the ingredients under "mango shake" till smooth.
- Pour shake into serving glasses, fill the glasses 3/4th leaving some space for ice cream.
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in each glass.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, tutti frutti, mango pieces and glazed cherries.
- Serve immediately with a spoon and straw.