I recently went to a Mexican restaurant and ordered a drink which sounded interesting, on the menu. It combined soda with mango, mint and had a tinge of spice added to it. I really liked the drink and thought of making the same at home.
So here it is, a very easy mocktail recipe which you can make in 2 minutes. Adding sugar in the recipe is optional, for me the sugar in the mango nectar was enough. I used this mango nectar which I got from Traders Joe’s.
Mango Mint Spicy Mocktail
- 2 cups sparkling water or soda water
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 5-6 mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 slices jalapeno pepper
- chaat masala to sprinkle
- Sugar: 1-2 tsp [optional I didn't use]
- Wash the mint leaves and chop them finely.
- Take a jalapeno pepper and cut two thin slices from it. The jalapeno that I used was quite spicy so a slice per glass was good enough. In case the one you have isn't spicy enough, feel free to add more slices.
- Mix the sparkling water and mango puree in a jar. If using sugar, add that too.
- Pour into serving glasses, and sprinkle with chopped mint leaves, jalapeno slice [1 per glass] and chaat masala.
Enjoy this spicy mango mocktail with a hint of mint!
Use the jalapeno pepper, it really is the most important ingredient in this recipe. It makes the drink a little spicy which goes very well with mango and mint.