What do you love most about summers? Yes it’s nice and bright and you don’t need to wear 987650 layers of clothes before heading out. Also BBQ is fun and so are all the summer activities! But if you ask me what I love most, it will be fruits! I think I have a slight obsession with summer fruits. The berries, peaches, cherries, melons, how can you not fall in love with all this gorgeousness?
And while eating the fruits as such is wonderful, baking with them is even more wonderful! One of the easiest summer desserts that you can make is a crisp or a crumble. Both these desserts have fruits, with a topping which gets baked as the fruit cooks. And what you get after it’s done is a delicious, bowl of baked juicy fruits with some amazing flavors. Nom Nom!
I got a big box of fresh peaches from Costco the other day and as soon I reached home, I knew I was going to make peach crisp. There’s something about simple and traditional desserts, they never get old. They are classics and for a good reason. And the best part is that they are so easy to make and require minimal ingredients, which everyone has in their pantry.
Now because there’s just 2 of us in my home I made peach crisp for 2 and I used my little skillet this time. Isn’t this skillet cute? I got it from Cost Plus World Market (that store will leave me bankrupt one day!!). Simply slice some peaches and top it with oats, sugar, pecans, flour and then bake. Super simple! I went a little heavy on the topping because I can never have enough of it, you may cut down on it if you want. Also adjust the sugar to taste. The peaches I used in this recipe weren’t very sweet so I added little extra sugar than what I would have liked. Crisp is supposed to be a lightly sweetened dessert.
This peach crisp for 2 is actually just right for 2 people, not too much and not too little. Enjoy this peach crisp while peaches are still in season. And yes don’t forget to top it with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It just makes it all the more wonderful!
In a bowl toss together sugar and sliced peaches. Transfer this to the skillet or your baking dish.
In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans, cinnamon powder and oats.
Add cubed salted butter to the mixture.
Use a pastry cutter or rub with your fingers till the butter is mixed and the mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
Top the peaches in the skillet with the prepared topping.
Bake at 350 F degrees for 35-40 minutes or till the topping is nice golden brown.
Top with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy peach crisp immediately!
* Adjust sugar to taste depending on how sweet your peaches are.
* You can cut down on the topping if it looks like a lot, I honestly can never have enough!
* You can use walnuts in place of pecans here.
Peach Crisp for Two
- 2 peaches large, sliced
- 2.5 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1.25 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons salted butter cold, cut into cubes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder [i went a little heavy on cinnamon powder but you can adjust to taste]
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly spray your 6 inch skillet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl toss together sugar and sliced peaches. Transfer this to the skillet or your baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans, cinnamon powder and oats.
- Add cubed salted butter to the mixture.
- Use a pastry cutter or rub with your fingers till the butter is mixed and the mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
- Top the peaches in the skillet with the prepared topping.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 35-40 minutes or till the topping is nice golden brown.
- Top with some whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy peach crisp immediately!
Peach Crisp for Two
35 thoughts on “Peach Crisp for Two”
Great recipe for the two of us! Easy and wonderful to eat when warm from the oven! My peaches must’ve been a little larger than yours – too much for my 6″ skillet. I used an 8″ x 8″ baking dish instead, which was just right for my toaster oven.
This peach crisp looks and sounds wonderful! love that the serving size is for two! can’t wait to try! 🙂
Yeah for 2 is the best part! Thanks Ana!
Crisp looks very delicious, Manali! Very tempting share, indeed!
Thank you, I love fruit crisp!
I love peaches and this peach crisp for two is absolutely stunning !!
Love peaches and this crisp looks delicious! I must go to Costco tomorrow! And I can say, I love everything about the summer, besides the fact that it is too short 🙂
haha I agree…it’s way too short! Thanks Mira!
I have a terrible sweet tooth and I can indulge on this anytime..looks perfect and so delicious!!…and I love peaches!!
Loved peach crisp, Manali! This is an awesome way to use the peaches! And Loved that this is for 2. Looks stunning! 🙂
Thanks Anu! I love fruit crisp!
I cannot COUNT the ways that I love summer, but yes, fruit is a huge part of it! That, and warm weather, and sunny skies and swimming.
And this crisp sure helps, too! It looks phenomenal.
Thanks Mir! yes summer is wonderful 🙂