Easy to make Pecan Cream Cheese Rolls are perfect for Holiday entertaining. You need only 6 ingredients to make these!
Everyone seems so busy during this time of the year. It’s like everyone has a never-ending list of “things to do” and that includes me as well. My list is pretty long, because I have to do tons of shopping before my India trip, which is less than 10 days now [eeks!] and I haven’t even started yet. I also have to do a lot of cooking so that I have at least some recipes to share while I am away. These days I really wish that there were more than 24 hours in a day and I so wish that it didn’t get pitch dark at 5 PM!
Anyway other than shopping there’s also tons of food that needs to be made for Thanksgiving! No matter which religion or country you are from, your holidays are always associated with food. I remember eating so much for Diwali that by the end of it I didn’t want to look at food for a while. Yes that always happened with me.
People go all out as far as cooking is concerned during the holidays. All those tricky recipes, elaborate meals, they are all reserved for the Holidays. And I totally agree, it should be that way. After all, what’s a celebration without some great food. However I have noticed that amongst all the cooking/baking craziness, sometimes we get so busy that we don’t find enough time to spend with our family. I remember this year on the day of Diwali, my husband actually asked me to not cook anymore because he was tired of me being in the kitchen all the time.
And so I think it’s always good to have some easy recipes on hand which you can whip up in no time. And that’s why Pillsbury™ crescent rolls are so awesome! I can’t get over their awesomeness. Seriously you can make so much things in literally no time. Savory, sweet, the possibilities are endless. Since I have a sweet tooth, I made these Pecan Cream Cheese Rolls.
These rolls are so super easy to make using Pillsbury™ crescent rolls. Simple roll open the dough and then pinch the seams [the rolls have seams since they meant to be separated] with your fingers or use a rolling pin. Spread the creamed cream cheese and sugar mixture and top it with chopped toasted pecans. And them simply roll it and cut into equal pieces. Once the rolls are baked, top them with caramel and chocolate sauce (optional) and some more toasted pecans on top.
You can always use homemade caramel sauce or use store bought. I almost always use homemade caramel sauce in my recipes however since this is all about easy recipe, I used store bought here. I hope you guys give this recipe a try. These pecan cream cheese rolls are delicious and perfect for Holiday entertaining. And the best part is that they are so easy to make, so it’s a win-win situation!
* Adjust sweetness to taste.
Pecan Cream Cheese Rolls
- 1 crescent roll [I used Pillsbury crescent roll]
- 5 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans toasted
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce [optional]
- toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking tray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Toast the chopped pecans on a stove top till fragrant. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix till well combined. Set aside.
- Roll out the crescent dough. Using your fingers pinch all the seams. The dough should become totally smooth and there shouldn't be any seams.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 13 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture all over the rolled dough. Top with toasted pecans.
- Starting from the long end, roll the dough tightly.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces. Place the rolls into the baking tray and bake at 350 F degrees for around 25 minutes or till they turn light brown in color.
- Remove from oven and let them cool a bit.
- Pour caramel and chocolate sauce (if using) on top.
- Garnish with toasted pecans and serve immediately.
Easy Pecan Cream Cheese Rolls
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.