Looking for an easy and delicious recipe to entertain this fall? Try these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, made easy with Puff Pastry ! These rolls are not only great to share with a crowd but also ideal for a weekend breakfast or brunch this fall!
The festive season is about to begin. And with festivities comes food, lots and lots of food. There’s always so much to cook! If you are like me, you probably like easy entertaining recipes which can feed a crowd and don’t take much time to put together. If you do, then I have got just the perfect fall entertaining recipe to share with you guys today. These Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are so perfect for fall and super easy to put together using Puff Pastry.
If you were to ask me my favorite dough to work with, puff pastry would probably win! And the reason for that is because it’s just so versatile and anything you make with it is guaranteed to be a success. Also, Puff Pastry Sheets are perfect for all occasions and seasons. Like this zucchini tomato tart that I made earlier this year was so perfect for summer/spring entertaining and these pumpkin cinnamon rolls are just perfect for fall.
We all love cinnamon rolls, don’t we? And with fall in full swing, who wouldn’t mind waking up to a batch of warm pumpkin cinnamon rolls? The traditional pumpkin cinnamon rolls for sure are delicious but it might take some time to put the dough together and then bake the rolls. And sometimes, we just don’t have that much time. Enter, easy Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. Flaky rolls made with Puff Pastry Sheets filled with pumpkin filling and topped with a pumpkin spice cream cheese glaze. So good with a cup of coffee on those cold fall mornings.
These Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
✓ get done in few minutes, there’s hardly any prep work involved
✓ perfect for entertaining – less on efforts and big on flavors
✓ are packed with fall flavors and warm spices
To make these pumpkin cinnamon rolls, you first need to start with frozen ready to use Puff Pastry Sheets. The first step is to thaw the sheets and once that’s done, you just need 10 minutes to put everything together. It’s that easy to create fancy looking desserts with Puff Pastry! I hope you guys give these sweet little treats a try and I would love to know how you guys like them!
Thaw the Puff Pastry Sheet according to instructions on the package.
Once thawed, brush the sheet with melted butter and set aside.
Meanwhile prepare the filling by whisking together pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Pour the filling the thawed sheet. Use a spatula to spread the filling all over.
Start rolling from one end, roll the sheet carefully.
Now using a sharp knife cut the log into 6 or 8 equal pieces. I cut it into 6 pieces.
Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
You may also brush the rolls with egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water). The egg wash gives the pastry a nice golden color. Bake the rolls at 400 F for 20 minutes or till nice nice golden brown in color.
While the rolls are in the oven, make the frosting. To a bowl add cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
Whisk till everything is well combined and the frosting looks smooth.
Pour the frosting over warm pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
Enjoy these Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with a cup of coffee!
* You may cut 8 rolls out of one pastry sheet. I just wanted them to be slightly bigger in size so I made 6!
Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk or heavy cream
- Thaw the Puff Pastry Sheet according to instructions on the package. Pre heat oven to 400 F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Once thawed, brush the sheet with melted butter and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by whisking together pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the filling the thawed sheet. Use a spatula to spread the filling all over.
- Start rolling from one end, roll the sheet carefully. Roll till you have a log.
- Now using a sharp knife cut the log into 6 or 8 equal pieces. I cut it into 6 pieces.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- You may also brush the rolls with egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water). The egg wash gives the pastry a nice golden color.
- Bake the rolls at 400 F for 20 minutes or till nice nice golden brown in color.
- While the rolls are in the oven, make the frosting. To a bowl add cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
- Whisk till everything is well combined and the frosting looks smooth.
- Pour the frosting over warm pumpkin cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
11 thoughts on “Puff Pastry Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls”
Is there supposed to be cinnamon in the recipe above? i didn’t realize that it wasn’t in the ingredient list when I mixed up the filling. These are tasty. Dough is a little gooier in the middle and hotter in middle if eating right out of oven.
No there’s no cinnamon… though you can add some if you like! 🙂
These are SO happening on my next free Sunday morning. They look so insanely good!
These look amazing! I can eat like 4 of them right now 🙂 Pinning to try them using my favorite puff pastry!
These look so heavenly Manali — I could never resist that flaky puff pastry with pumpkin and warm spices!
I totally love Puff Pastry, too, Manali! And then you went and added my favorite Fall spice to these cinnamon rolls. I promise these would not last long around our house! They’re perfect for chilly Saturday mornings in the Fall!
How fun are these?! I love using puff pastry for just about any kind of dish. Love these easy cinnamon rolls!
These look AMAZING!! Yum!
This looks perfect for me! As someone who loves eating cinnamon rolls, but doesn’t like the time it takes to wait for dough to rise, I am always looking for a quick and easy version
If u look on a pumpkin spice jar.Cinnamon is the first ingredient.Hope this is helpful.