Roasted Garlic Spinach Tomato Pizza
Nov 30, 2016, Updated Jan 02, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasted Garlic Spinach Tomato Pizza is my new favorite vegetarian pizza! Topped with grape tomatoes, spinach, fontina cheese and pine nuts, this is a great pizza to enjoy pizza night with family.
When I used to live in India, my idea of a pizza was pretty much limited to a pizza topped with onion, tomato and green pepper. You see that was what we used to get as far as vegetarian pizza was concerned. Actually there were mushrooms and corn too but on an average that’s what everyone ate for a vegetarian pizza. Other than that there were paneer pizzas which I was never a fan of. But over the years I have discovered and enjoyed a wide variety of vegetarian pizzas like this pesto pizza or my favorite spicy chipotle pizza. I am not a big fan of tomato based sauces on my pizza so I usually tend to favor the ones without it. Few months back we went to this Italian restaurant in Seattle and they had this amazing vegetarian pizza. It has spinach, tomato, roasted garlic and pine nuts. Ever since I had that pizza, I am been craving to eat it again. So over the weekend I tried re-creating the roasted garlic spinach tomato pizza at home and it turned out pretty well!
The roasted garlic is honestly my favorite part here. Have you guys ever tried whole roasted garlic cloves on your pizza? It is amazing, especially if you are a garlic fan (like me!) then you will love it. I just peeled the garlic and added them on too of my pizza base. Once the pizza was out of the oven, I used my kitchen torch to roast it little more. Basically I wanted the garlic to turn a little brown and it didn’t quite happen in the oven so torch did the work for me.
Other than the garlic, the pizza has spinach, grape tomatoes, pine nuts and onion. I have not used any pizza sauce here as such – just some olive oil, seasoning and little tomato-chili sauce is my base. When you use a simple sauce like this, the other flavors of the pizza really pop up. Like you can appreciate the flavor of roasted garlic so much more here compared to what it would have been with a marinara sauce as the base.
This roasted garlic spinach tomato pizza comes together very quickly. All you need is a ready to go pizza base, which you can either make at home or buy from store. And once you have that, you can have the pizza ready to eat in less than 30 minutes! I have used fontina cheese here because I have been on a fontina cheese kick lately, you may use any cheese of your choice. So next time when you have those pizza craving, give this roasted garlic spinach & tomato pizza a try, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we did!
Pre heat oven to 550 F degrees. Make sure the oven is pre-heated for around 30 minutes before you put the pizza to bake.
In a bowl whisk together all ingredients for the pizza base sauce – olive oil, garlic salt, tomato-chili ketchup, Italian seasoning and salt. Roll your pizza dough to a 10 inch circle and then apply the prepared sauce on it. If you don’t have tomato-chili ketchup, simply use a combination of regular ketchup and hot sauce like sriracha.
Sprinkle grated fontina cheese on top of the sauce.
Place all the toppings – grape tomatoes, spinach, pine nuts, red onion and garlic on top of the cheese.
Bake the roasted garlic spinach tomato pizza at 550 F degrees for 7-8 mins. Take pizza out of the oven and use a kitchen torch to roast the garlic (optional). You can also roast the garlic before you put it on the pizza base.
* Adjust the quantity of cheese to taste.
* You can roast the garlic either before you put it on top of your pizza or roast it after the pizza is baked by using a kitchen torch.
Roasted Garlic Spinach & Tomato Pizza
1 Pizza Dough, homemade or store bought
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato-chili ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 of a small red onion sliced
- 10-12 baby spinach leaves
- 5-6 grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
- Pre heat oven to 550 F degrees. Make sure the oven is pre-heated for around 30 minutes before you put the pizza to bake.
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients for the pizza base sauce - olive oil, garlic salt, tomato-chili ketchup, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Roll your pizza dough to a 10 inch circle and then apply the prepared sauce on it. If you don't have tomato-chili ketchup, simply use a combination of regular ketchup and hot sauce like sriracha.
- Sprinkle grated fontina cheese on top of the sauce.
- Place all the toppings - grape tomatoes, spinach, pine nuts, red onion and garlic on top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza at 550 F degrees for 7-8 mins. Take pizza out of the oven and use a kitchen torch to roast the garlic (optional). You can also roast the garlic before you put it on the pizza base.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Roasted Garlic Spinach Tomato Pizza