Super easy, super delicious! Strawberry Pancakes are an instant hit.
We all love strawberries isn’t it? If you think about it, there are so many dessert which are made using this delicious fruit. I had lots of strawberries in my fridge and instead of making a dessert, I made a syrup using them. And after I made the syrup, I HAD to make these pancakes. There can’t be a better combination. Isn’t it?
The strawberry pancakes are soft, fluffy just like you want your pancakes to be. I also had some store bought strawberry syrup in my pantry and I whisked that in the batter. You can very well use fresh strawberries and fold them into the batter. It’s just that I ran out of them while making the homemade strawberry syrup.
Typically 1-2 tbsp of sugar is added into this recipe, I avoided it because the store bought strawberry syrup already had sugar in it.
Here’s the strawberry pancakes recipe.
Yield: 4-5 regular size pancakes
All Purpose: 1 cup
Baking Powder: 2 tsp
Salt: 1/4th tsp
Egg: 1, small
Milk: 3/4th cup + 2 tbsp
Oil: 1 tsp
Vanilla: 1/2 tsp
Butter: 1 tbsp melted, unsalted
Strawberry Syrup: 2-3 tbsp [store bought, has sugar that’s why I didn’t use any sugar in the recipe]
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients separately.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mix. Do not overmix.
4. Heat a lightly oiled skillet or frying pan on medium heat. Don’t oil the girdle if not required.
5. Use a ladle to pour batter onto the skillet.
6. Cook till you see small bubbles on the surface, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Flip over and cook the other side till light golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
8. Serve warm with fresh homemade strawberry syrup.
1. If using fresh strawberries, slice them thinly and fold them into the batter at the end. 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries would be fine.
2. If using fresh strawberries in the batter, I would probably serve the pancakes with maple syrup and not the strawberry syrup. It will be too much strawberry for my taste then!
3. Use 2 tbsp of sugar in the recipe if using fresh strawberries.
4. The batter should not be too thin, so be careful about the consistency.