Sweet Potato Bites topped with a spiced and creamy maple cream cheese . An easy appetizer for your Thanksgiving dinner.
What are you guys doing for Halloween? We are doing absolutely nothing as usual, just staying at home, eating some chili and drinking coffee. Sounds so boring right? But that’s how we both are, traditionally boring. Of course we will be handing out candies to kids. This year, the weather is supposed to be lovely for Halloween – bright and sunny and so we are expecting lot of kids for trick and treat. Last year it was raining so hard during Halloween but still kids showed up so this year I am definitely expecting more! I have so much candy at home right now, it is crazy. Sarvesh always believes in buying way more than we could possibly hand out. It happens every year – he would buy so much, then we would be left with piles of candy and then I wouldn’t know what to do with them!
I always look forward to halloween, not because I celebrate it or anything but I love to see kids at my door in their cute costumes. Their smile just make me very happy. Ever since I can remember, I have adored kids and it’s still the same. Nothing makes me happier! 🙂
Anyway since Halloween is now over, we should be talking about Thanksgiving and these easy Sweet Potato Bites topped with a spiced maple-pecan cream cheese. These are seriously so easy to make and will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table. Don’t they look perfectly shareable?
These Sweet Potato Bites
✓ are perfect to share with a crowd
✓ easy to make with a prep time of 15 minutes or less
✓ are packed with fall flavors like maple, cinnamon
✓ will look great on your Thanksgiving menu!
To make these bites, all you have to do is cut your sweet potatoes into thick rounds, bake them and then top them with cream cheese. I like to cut them at least 1/2 inch thick and remember not to peel the sweet potatoes. Just wash and scrub them nicely and then cut into rounds – with the peel on and then roast in the oven. While the potatoes are getting roasted, make the cream cheese topping and toast the pecans and then you just have to arrange everything together. I like toasting the pecans for a few minutes on the pan, makes them so much more fragrant and flavorful. You may also add dried cranberries here, I did not!
Hope you guys like this easy Thanksgiving appetizer, let me know if you happen to try it!
Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, do not peel them. Pat dry them and then cut them into thick rounds (with the skin on), around 1/2 inch each. Toss them with olive oil and then arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 F degrees for 20-22 minutes until fork tender.
While the sweet potatoes are getting done, toast the pecans on a pan for 3-4 minutes till fragrant. Set aside.
To make the maple cream cheese, beat the room temperature cream cheese till smooth and creamy.
Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder to the bowl and stir.
Mix till everything is well combined. The topping is now ready.
Garnish with toasted pecans and dried cranberries (if using). Serve these sweet potato bites immediately as an appetizer or snack!
* You may make the cream cheese a day in advance so that on Thanksgiving day, you only have to roast the sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Bites With Maple Cream Cheese
- 3 sweet potato 700 grams, washed & unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pecans roasted
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tablespoons dried cranberries optional
- Pre heat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, do not peel them. Pat dry them and then cut them into thick rounds (with the skin on), around 1/2 inch each.
- Toss them with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and then arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for 20-22 minutes until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are getting done, toast the pecans on a pan for 3-4 minutes till fragrant. Set aside.
- To make the maple cream cheese, beat the room temperature cream cheese till smooth and creamy.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder to the bowl and mix till everything is well combined. The topping is now ready.
- Take out the roasted sweet potato rounds out of the oven, top them with prepared maple cream cheese.
- Garnish with toasted pecans and dried cranberries (if using). Serve immediately as an appetizer or snack!
Sweet Potato Bites With Maple Cream Cheese