Easy and delicious Vegan Spinach Smoothie is just what you need to start your day!
Urgh, writer’s block – I absolutely hate it. But as a blogger, you obviously have to deal with it at times and today happens to be one such day. They say when there’s too much going on inside your life (and mind!), you really don’t know where to start and that’s exactly what’s happening with me. I have been totally engrossed with family and hospital duties, so it’s becoming increasingly difficult for me to write on the blog. So please bear with me, I am going to keep this really short and quick today.
I don’t share a lot of smoothie recipes on the blog but I make them pretty often. Ever since I realized that I don’t share them as much as I would like, I have made a conscious effort to click picture of some of my favorite smoothies so that I can share them with you. And this Vegan Spinach Smoothie is one of my absolute favorites. If you would have given me this idea of adding spinach to a drink few years back, I would have totally ignored you. Like who adds greens to their smoothies and shakes?! But that was then, when I didn’t have a food blog and obviously had no sense of what can work. Green smoothies have been quite a rage for few years now but somehow I was always skeptical to try them but now I wish I would have tried them earlier! They are so good!
For those of you who are not sure how spinach tastes in a smoothie, trust me it tastes great! For this vegan spinach smoothie, I used a mix of frozen fruits – mango, pineapple, peaches and strawberries. It’s always a good idea to use frozen fruits in smoothies since they make the smoothie thick & creamy. You can use any combination of fruit here but this pack I got from Costco and I thought the flavors went so well with the spinach.
The base of my vegan spinach smoothie is coconut water. You can use plain water or any fruit juice too but I love using coconut water here. If you don’t have coconut water, my suggestion would be to use orange juice, I am sure it would taste great! The smoothie is lightly sweetened with dates, but you use any other sweetener of your choice.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. This vegan spinach smoothie is not only healthy but also delicious! And the best part is that it comes together so quickly especially when you have no time to prepare an elaborate breakfast in the morning. Simply mix everything together > blend > pour into glasses and enjoy!
* You can use fresh fruits here. It’s not necessary to use frozen fruits but I definitely recommend it. It makes the smoothie thick and I really like that consistency in my smoothies.
* I sprinkled some chia seeds and sliced almonds on top of the smoothie just to make it more nutritious but that’s totally optional.
Vegan Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen mixed fruits [I used mix of mango pineapple, peaches and strawberries]
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3-4 dates chopped
- chia seeds to sprinkle on top, optional
- To a blender add spinach, frozen fruits, coconut water and chopped dates.
- Blend everything till well combined.
- Pour smoothie into glasses, sprinkle some chia seeds and almonds on top (optional) and enjoy.
Vegan Spinach Smoothie