May 22, 2014, Updated Jan 02, 2018
Beat the heat with this refreshing watermelon drink.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Watermelon is one my favorite summers fruits. It’s light, refreshing and my refrigerator is loaded with it during this time of the year. There’s so much you can do with this fruit and whatever you do, the result is always – refreshing, yes that’s the only word which comes to my mind when I think of watermelons.
Watermelon smoothies, popsicles, ice creams or simple watermelon juice, there’s nothing better to beat the heat. I am travelling to India today, while I am super excited for my trip I am also preparing myself mentally for the hot weather there. Temperatures are more than 110 F, so you can imagine. I might very well need to drink this watermelon cooler all the time!
Keeping this post short and sweet and straight on to the recipe! There’s not much to do actually, just blend everything together till smooth and serve chilled. You can add sugar to the drink if you want, I didn’t as the watermelon was quite sweet.
I strained the mixture using a strainer and also added little water to dilute the drink. This is optional, you can not dilute it all all or dilute some more!
* Black salt goes very well with watermelon, if you don’t have it simply use regular salt.
* In place of lemon juice, you can also add lemonade – will taste great for sure.
- ½ watermelon cut into cubes [around 3 cups]
- 4-5 mint leaves some more to garnish
- 3-4 teaspoons lemon juice
- black salt to taste or use salt instead
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- Cut watermelons into cubes. I used 1/2 of regular size watermelon that we get in USA and it came to around 3 cups.
- Blend together watermelon cubes, mint leaves, lemon juice, water and black salt till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.