Fudgy Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect little treat for Valentine’s Day! If you love red velvet + brownies + white chocolate + cheesecake, then you need to make this!
It’s the week of all things red and pink and of course chocolates! You guys know the first dessert I ever baked was a brownie. And this was when I was in school, so way way back. And we didn’t have an oven, it was unusual for anyone to own an oven those days in India. So I baked in the microwave, using a recipe on the back of a box of cocoa powder. And guys, I really thought it was best brownie ever. Honestly, now I can’t even remember it’s taste but you know the excitement of baking something for the first time – I guess that sealed the deal for me!
Brownies are my go to dessert when I have to make something quick. They come together so quickly and I always have the ingredients for brownies anyway in my pantry. I mean it’s pretty basic stuff so most likely you will have it too. So I thought I should share a quick and easy brownie recipe with you guys for Valentine’s Day and since it’s time for all things red velvet I made these Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies. These fudgy red velvet brownies have a white chocolate cheesecake swirl which makes them all the more decadent.
Today’s post is special guys. I keep talking about how amazing the blogging community is and so when there was this opportunity to show my fellow food bloggers some love, I jumped onto it. For the #FoodBloggerLove campaign, we were all assigned a blogger to whom we had to dedicate a recipe. Of course this was all a secret till now! I was really excited to find out my fellow blogger for this task – Nichole from Cookaholic Wife. Over the last few weeks, I have read several of Nichole’s recipes and let me tell you they all sound so good that it was hard for me to pick a favorite. She has so many amazing recipes on her blog, lot of gorgeous desserts and I can’t wait to make her Cinnamon Crunch Braided Brioche Bread. Sounds good, isn’t it? Nichole has been blogging since 2009, I think that’s so amazing, to have been blogging for what 7 years now? That is awesome Nichole and I hope you continue to share more such delicious recipes with all of us in the coming years. These Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies is my small attempt to show how awesome you are and I hope you like it! : )
And guys I would really appreciate if you could take a moment and read a little about No Kid Hungry. It’s a great cause and each dollar makes a difference! Hope you guys like these brownies, they are really the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. Top them with some ice cream to make an over the top desserts for 14th Feb! And don’t forget to enter giveaway below (it runs Feb 10- Feb 15) & you can win a Kindle Fire! Just follow the instructions in the widget below!
Serves: 16 brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food color
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 8 x 8 square pan with aluminium foil with overhanging edges. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter using microwave or in a pan on medium heat. I always prefer the stove top method.
- Once the butter melts transfer it to a big bowl. Add sugar and mix.
- Then add vanilla extract, cocoa powder, salt, red food color and vinegar, mixing after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Finally fold in the flour till just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, reserving ¼ cup of batter for the swirl on top.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or using a double-boiler method. Set aside.
- Whisk the cream cheese till smooth and creamy. Add in sugar, vanilla extract and egg and mix till combined.
- Add in the melted white chocolate and mix till combined.
- Spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie layer.
- Now take the ¼ cup brownie batter that we had reserved earlier and drop dollops of it on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Take a knife or toothpick and drag the mixture through the cheesecake layer to create swirls. Drag 2-3 times horizontally and vertically to create swirls.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the brownies cool down. Since there's cheesecake involved, I don't like to cut them right away.
- Place in the refrigerator for couple of hours and then cut into pieces.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies