Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Aug 04, 2014, Updated Jan 02, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Summers are no fun without ice creams, seriously! There are so many flavors to try and so many to make at home, it’s like I’m running out of time and the list is endless. I love making ice creams at home simply because it hardly takes any time and you can play around with flavors. And that’s why I love having an ice cream maker at home, I have Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment and I LOVE it. The machine whips up some delicious ice cream in just 15-20 minutes. Fresh, homemade, no preservative ice cream in just 20 minutes, can you beat that?!
I love Oreos and hubby loves them a wee bit more and so I always have a big box of Oreos lying in my pantry, like always. You get these really big boxes at Costco which is difficult for 2 of us to finish so when he gets bored of munching on them I make some desserts using these delicious cookies. The most amazing dessert that I have made with Oreo are my favorite Oreo Cupcakes. They are seriously awesome and it is also the most popular recipe on my blog. You must give them a try!
I made this Oreo ice cream the other day simply because the weather was hot and we wanted to eat some ice cream and the first flavor that I thought of was cookies & cream! It really is one of my favorite flavors, I love the Oreo overload @ Cold Stone Creamery, so yummmm! Like with all my ice creams, this one is eggless too. I am still not comfortable with the idea of using eggs in ice creams, simply because in India ice creams are always eggless so I grew up with that thought process and it would take me some time to make ice creams with eggs, maybe next time?
Making the ice cream base is super easy, there’s no cooking involved. Simply mix everything together and freeze according to manufacturer instruction. Creamy, rich and loaded with oreo, you are sure to love this ice cream.
Enjoy it before it melts!
* I used 1% milk in the recipe. To make creamier ice cream use whole milk.
* Add the coarsely chopped Oreo pieces only towards the end, when the ice cream is nearly frozen and looks like whipped cream.
* In India castor sugar is similar in texture to granulated sugar. I know the sugar we get in India has pretty big size crystals and it won’t dissolve that easily with milk. So use castor sugar in place.
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 crushed oreos add to the base
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped oreos to be added later
- In a bowl whisk together milk and sugar till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add in the heavy cream, vanilla and mix.
- Stir in the finely crushed oreo (4-5 of them) and mix till well combined.
- Chill the mixture for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare ice cream according to your ice cream machine manufacturer's instruction. Add in the coarsely chopped oreo pieces towards the last 5 minutes of ice cream churning.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.