Mango Milkshake is probably India’s favorite summer drink. If there’s one reason why people look forward to summers in the country, it is this – the Mango!
The fruits tastes awesome as such but is also used to create various mouthwatering desserts, ice creams and drinks.
I am not very fond of mangoes [which is considered very strange if you are from India, trust me] but my husband loves it. And so ever since we started getting mangoes here, I have been making mango milkshake for him almost every day.
The drink can be made quickly and is tasty and filling.
So chop your mangoes just like I did and this shake will be ready in few minutes.
Here’s what you need.
Cold Milk: 1 cup
Mangoes, chopped: 1
Sugar: 1 tsp or to taste
Saffron strands [optional]: 2-4
1. Take the chopped mangoes, sugar and the saffron strands in a blender. Grind to a smooth paste.
2. Now add in the cold milk and run the blender again till everything is nicely mixed together.
Mango Milkshake is ready to serve.
I served it with my homemade coconut cookies the recipe of which I will be sharing soon.
1. Add ice cream to add more richness and taste to your shake.
2. If you like cardamom/elaichi, you can also add that to the shake.
3. The shake can be finished off with some whipped topping.