Can you believe we are in July already! Where did the time go? and before we even realize it would be Christmas. Didn’t we just celebrate Christmas? Seriously time is flying way too fast. What did you guys do over the long weekend? We went to a BBQ party and I made paneer tikka [recipe coming soon!] and then we also did some grilling at home. We got this really cute small grill and we grilled some corn and ate it the Indian way with some chat masala , chili powder and lemon, ahh bliss!
It’s also getting super hot in Seattle. This is the hottest summer since I have been living here. Temperatures were around 100 F during this long weekend! And because it’s so hot I thought it would be fun to share some easy popsicle/ice cream recipes with you guys this week. After all who doesn’t want frozen treats when sun is shining so bright outside?
The 1st recipe that I am sharing with you today is the simplest of all. I call it tropical punch popsicles. It’s basically frozen pineapple juice with little coconut extract and some fresh fruits. Guys, it can’t get easier than this! These popsicles are so refreshing, like I came home after being in the sun for 3 hours and as soon as I ate one of these popsicles and I felt all recharged and refreshed again.
You can actually use any fruit juice here like orange, watermelon and even lemonade would work great. I wanted tropical flavors and so I used pineapple juice and mixed in some coconut extract. Adjust the amount of coconut extract according to how much you love the coconut flavor. I added a little less than 1/4 teaspoon. And similary you can add any fruit you like. I used kiwi, strawberries, pineapple and blueberries. Other great options are raspberries, grapes, peaches – basically any of your favorite summer fruit.
I could seriously lick on these tropical punch popsicles all day long these days. These are the perfect, guilt-free summer treats for everyone to enjoy!
Looking for more? Check out more frozen treats on the blog!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract, adjust to taste
- 1 kiwi, cut into thin rounds
- 3 strawberries, cut into slices
- 12 blueberries
- 5-6 pineapple pieces, small
- Peel and cut the kiwi into thin circles.
- Also slice the strawberries and set aside.
- In a bowl take 1 cup of pineapple juice, add coconut extract to it and mix. Adjust the quantity of the extract according to how strong you want the coconut flavor. [Tip: start with ⅛ teaspoon and add more as required].
- Take your popsicle mold and add your choice of fruits to them. You can use any fruit of your choice, I used blueberries, strawberries, pineapple and kiwi.
- Fill the popsicle molds with the prepared pineapple juice.
- Cover the molds and insert the stick.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or till completely set.
- To demold, place the molds under hot water for 30 seconds and pull gently.
Tropical Punch Popsicles