A refreshing summer salad which is hearty, delicious and packed with so much flavor! This Quinoa Mango Thai Salad makes the perfect summer lunch!
My favorite part of this salad is the delicious peanut ginger dressing! I could eat it with a spoon! This is also a great salad for outdoor picnics and lunch boxes!
I was going to share a bread recipe with you guys, but at the last minute I decided to share this salad in stead. The reason is that it has been really warm here in Seattle, (its in the 80s today) and I just thought sharing a salad recipe would make more sense. Agree?
I might just have an obsession with thai peanut everything! If you liked the flavors in my Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles then you are so going to love this fresh summer salad.
This Thai Salad is fresh, so flavorful and I could drink that peanut-ginger dressing with a spoon!I am not kidding.
I never cared much for salad before. At my home in India, salad pretty much meant cut onions, cucumbers & tomato with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. That was pretty much it when it came to salad. So, I just ate them as a side along with my meals and never as a meal itself.
But when I moved to the US, I was surprised to see and learn so many ways to jazz up your salad. There were different dressings, so many flavors and I was hooked! Now I make a lot of salads, especially during summers.
When it gets that hot outside, I want to eat a light lunch and more often than not salad is my meal of choice. I am obsessed with peanut butter and I think adding it to your salad dressing is just the best idea ever!
What’s in This Peanut Ginger Dressing?
- peanut butter (obviously!)
- lots of ginger
- lime juice
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- & bit of sesame oil to bring in that nutty flavor!
This dressing is so flavorful, has just the right amount of sweetness and pairs beautifully with the quinoa and mango. You know, I still can’t say that I love quinoa. So for me to actually eat it, there has to be a ton of flavor along with. This salad is just that!
This Thai Salad is Not Your Ordinary Thai Salad!
- loaded with protein & the goodness of quinoa
- packed with veggies
- hearty and filling
- can be made vegan by swapping honey with maple
With the mangoes in season, I will me making this quinoa mango thai salad pretty regular in my kitchen. It’s pretty easy to make and leftovers make great lunches the next day.
Tip: To cut short the prep time, you can cook the quinoa in advance. You then just need to stir everything together and eat.
You start by cooking the quinoa. I used my Instant Pot and cooked 1 cup quinoa with 1.5 cups water for 2 minutes on high pressure and then let the pressure release naturally.
While the quinoa is cooking, chop all the veggies (pepper, carrots, green onion, jalapeno, cilantro) and the mango. Once everything is prepped, arrange it all in a big bowl.
To make the dressing, add all the ingredients – peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, honey, sesame oil and sriracha to a measuring cup or bowl.
Whisk it all together until you have a smooth dressing.
Pour the dressing over the prepared quinoa, veggies & mango.
Toss the salad with the dressing. You may garnish it with some roasted peanuts. Enjoy!
Summer Salads You Might Like
- Summer Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad with Onion & Corn
- Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad with Feta & Strawberries
Quinoa Mango Thai Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed very well, I usually rinse quinoa for 1-2 minutes
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 3 stalks green onion chopped
- 2 large mangoes diced
- 1 jalapeño de-seeded & sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Peanut Ginger Dressing
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- lime juice around 1/4 cup, from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha or to taste
- roasted peanuts to garnish, optional
- Start by cooking the quinoa. I used my Instant Pot and cooked 1 cup quinoa with 1.5 cups water for 2 minutes on high pressure and then let the pressure release naturally. You can cook on stove-top as per instructions on the package.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop all the veggies (pepper, carrots, green onion, jalapeno & cilantro) and the mango. Once everything is prepped, arrange it all in a big bowl.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients - peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, honey, sesame oil and sriracha to a measuring cup or bowl.
- Whisk it all together until you have a smooth dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the prepared quinoa, veggies & mango. Toss the salad with the dressing. Garnish with peanuts (optional) and serve!