Spicy Roasted Zucchini – an easy side dish for the whole family to enjoy!
It’s Thanksgiving week! Tell me what is on your menu? One thing I know for sure is that there’s going to be lots and lots of food. This weekend we went to Costco and I think we just chose a very wrong time to go there. We went there for regular grocery but oh my god, people were buying stuff like crazy. There were long queues at the checkout with the shopping carts literally overflowing. I can only imagine the amount of food everyone will be preparing and eating this Thursday. On a side note, I didn’t quite get why everyone was buying TV, any idea? Maybe Costco had a deal going on something because I couldn’t relate it to Thanksgiving otherwise or maybe I am just not aware?
Coming to the food, sides are always very popular on the table. If you ask me, I like them more than the main meal (but only after desserts!). I mean main course is fine but if you give me 5 delicious sides, I will happily eat all that and be content. So today I am sharing with you this really easy and one of my favorite sides, Spicy Roasted Zucchini.
I think there are 2 best way to eat zucchini.
1. you bake with it and make this zucchini bread or muffins. It’s one way you can make even zucchini haters eat zucchini.
2. roast them with spices! Personally it’s my favorite way because I love roasted veggies. My hubby would disagree and in stead vote for the zucchini bread!
Roasting veggies brings out such wonderful flavors. For this spicy roasted zucchini, I used spices like cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne and it couldn’t be simpler to make. All you have to do is toss everything together and then put in the oven. So when you are busy making your main course or desserts, simply slice and toss the zucchini with spices and let you oven do the rest.
I ate this spicy roasted zucchini all by myself, yeah because I loved it so much. If you like zucchini as much as I do, then don’t forget to give this a try. All the spices makes this a very flavorful side dish and it would pair really well with any of your Thanksgiving meal!
I hope you all have a wonderful time cerebrating Thanksgiving with your friends and family. Have fun!
Spicy Roasted Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds and transfer to a bowl.
- Add oil, garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt & pepper.
- Toss everything together till combined.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast at 400 F degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Spicy Roasted Zucchini
20 thoughts on “Spicy Roasted Zucchini”
I love this mix of seasonings so much I saved an old glass seasoning container to store it in and made a big batch. It’s my go to for a plethora of different veggies and vegan meats. Thanx!
What would the timing suggestion be if it was grilled?
cook on medium heat until charred and cooked. zucchini cooks pretty quickly, I would suggest cutting slices of medium thickness
What would the timing suggestion be if this was air fried (instant pot with air fryer) at 400 degrees? 5 minutes? Or still 15?
5 mins probably, 15 is too much in air fryer at 400 F for zucchini