And I’m again back to peanut butter [PB]! I think I need help, I have 5 bottles of peanut butter right now in my refrigerator, yes 5 and that explains the amount of peanut butter recipes I have on my blog – peanut butter chocolate chip granola, peanut butter frosting, peanut butter banana muffins, peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter granola bars and many more to come. My hubby feels I’m addicted to peanut butter and I’m afraid he isn’t wrong! I can eat a whole bottle of peanut butter just like that with a spoon, no kidding!
So with so much love for PB, it’s obvious that for me there cannot be a better day than one which start with peanut butter and it is for this very reason that I love this sandwich. Peanut Butter with apple and lots of cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on it, this sandwich is sure to be a hit with all PB lovers.
I used whole wheat bread for this apple peanut butter sandwich because that’s what I eat usually. You can use any bread of your choice – white, multi-grain, oats etc. The quantity of butter can be adjusted to taste and preference. Obviously the sandwich tastes better when it’s properly grilled with lots of butter so you can even use 3-4 tablespoons here, I used 1 tablespoon butter.
This is a great sandwich for kids, it’s high on protein, is delicious and also has apple in it! I am delighted to be sending this recipe to Indusladies Kids Lunchbox Recipes Book Event. The book will have 100 lunchbox recipes, isn’t that exciting? Now you don’t have to beat your head thinking about what to pack for lunch, just make sure you get your copy of the e-book when it’s available for download!
Cut the apple into thin slices and set aside. In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon powder and set aside.
Spread the creamy peanut butter on all 4 bread slices.
Arrange cut apple slices on 2 of the bread slices.
Sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon-sugar mixture over the apples.
Close the breads with the remaining 2 breads with the peanut butter side facing down.
Melt butter in a grill/frying pan on medium heat and place the sandwiches on the pan.
Grill the sandwiches till both sides are golden brown in color [around 1-2 minutes each side]
Cut the sandwiches diagonally.
Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar mixture.
Serve the apple peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk for a great start to your day!
* I used creamy peanut butter, you can also use crunchy peanut butter in place.
* You can also use vanilla extract in this recipe, just mix 1/2 teaspoon with the peanut butter before spreading it on the bread.
* Use any bread of your choice, I used whole wheat.
* Adjust the quantity of butter to taste, you can use up to 2-3 tablespoons if you want to.
Grilled Apple Peanut Butter Sandwich
- 1 apple cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup peanut butter creamy
- 4 slices bread use your choice of bread
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter salted
- Cut the apple into thin slices and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon powder and set aside.
- Spread the creamy peanut butter on all 4 bread slices.
- Arrange cut apple slices on 2 of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon-sugar mixture over the apples.
- Close the breads with the remaining 2 breads with the peanut butter side facing down.
- Melt butter in a grill/frying pan.
- Grill the sandwiches till both sides are golden brown in color [around 1-2 minutes each side]
- Cut diagonally and coat the grilled sandwiches with some more cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Grilled Apple Peanut Butter Sandwich
6 thoughts on “Grilled Apple Peanut Butter Sandwich”
Wonderful sandwich with perfect grilled lines.I like the peanut butter and apple combo than PB and banana…perfect sandwich.
Thanks Priya! I also prefer apples over bananas with PB!
YUM! What a fun, healthy recipe! So nice 🙂 Gotta love classic apples and peanut butter… I love how you mixed it up and made it unique!! 🙂 Great job girl!
Thanks Cailee, glad you liked it! 🙂
Yum! I would’ve never thought of grilling peanut butter, but it made my mouth water when I saw it! What a fantastic idea. I’m a huge peanut butter fan – but I’m very picky…only JIF for me! 🙂
Thanks Kristi! 🙂 Actually I have never tried JIF…I think I need to! I usually use the organic peanut butter that I get from Trader Joe’s & Costco!