Edible Holiday Gift Basket Ideas
Nov 30, 2015
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of the most challenging things during the holidays is to decide gifts for everyone! Isn’t it? Everyone has their own preferences, choices and it becomes really difficult to zero on onto one thing. However over the years I have figured out that a gift basket is something which everyone loves. I think they are amazing! You can fill them up with so many things and they always look wonderful!
And so I thought it would be great to share some Edible Holiday Gift Basket Ideas with you guys. Hope this would be of some help to you.
1. Homemade Cookies: Nothing like giving cute homemade cookies to your loved ones! Christmas and cookies are almost synonyms. My favorite cookies to give are Palmiers, Snowball Cookies, Linzer Cookies (Recipe coming soon!) and of course my favorite Biscotti. Just wrap them up in cute little treat bags which you can get at any craft store. By the way that biscotti recipe is so versatile. Don’t like chocolate chips, replace them with some nuts, dried cranberries etc.
2. GODIVA Chocolate Gift Boxes: I obviously make homemade treats to gift my friends and family. However there’s only so much that I can make. My goodies always seem too less for the big baskets that I put them in. And that’s where chocolates are so wonderful. You guys know how much I adore chocolate, I eat it every day and obviously have no regrets about it. How can you regret anything that makes you happy, right?
During my recent trip to Walmart, I came across these gorgeous GODIVA gift boxes. What caught my attention immediately was their beautiful packaging. These boxes have 9 chocolate pieces each and they are so reasonably priced! We all know the high taste and standard of GODIVA Chocolates so this box will be a great addition to your gift basket without breaking the bank! They come in three different varieties – Assorted Chocolates, Assorted Chocolate Caramels and Assorted Milk Chocolates and you can easily find them at your local Walmart.
3. Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix: So fun! It’s so easy to put together and who doesn’t like sipping on some hot chocolate while listening to Christmas carols? You can make additions to the mix as required! The peppermint one is my favorite, well obviously because it’s the Holidays so peppermint makes more sense but you can add flavors and mix-ins as desired.
4. Granola Mix: Versatile, easy and perfect for your gift basket. Whip up a batch of this almond granola or this peanut butter chocolate chip granola. For a more festive option, check out this toasted coconut cranberry granola.
5. Fudge: Everyone makes fudge during the holiday because they are so simple. Few ingredients, minimum prep work and a delicious treat ready in no time. They also pack quite beautifully in treat bags. This is one of my favorites.
Other favorites (non-edible) includes Body lotion, Christmas Ornaments, Body Wash, Candles. They all go very well in your Holiday Gift Basket.
And finally put all these together in a nice gift basket. I used red and green paper fillers to fill the basket and then place all the stuff together in it. Also don’t forget to add some candy canes! Doesn’t it look so pretty and festive? I am sure your family and friends will love to receive an edible gift basket for the Holidays!
Let me know what all you put in your gift basket? I would love to hear from you guys!
Visit Walmart this holiday season for GODIVA Chocolate Gift Boxes. Available in three 9PC varieties and also a 15PC Dark All-of-a-Kind. (while supplies last).